Ducati Sporting Club UK
DesmoDue - General Questions and Chat
Discussions on the race series devised and supported by the DSC.

Old 20-Oct-2005, 15:59
Big Twin

Mood: Enjoying Togdom !
I had a thought that i put forward to the RC ,Have the draw for the free tyres before the races and they are the 2 bikes that are checked.
We have had an offer from a well respected engineer to come to random rounds and check engines,over to you
Butch
Old 20-Oct-2005, 16:00
DSC Club Member
BSB Star

Mood: www.knightroadraceteam.co.uk
Bloody good idea Butch

fumbs up from here
Old 20-Oct-2005, 16:06
Ducati Corse

Mood: is it still wet

why .?? is there so much cheating or questions over the eligibity of some bikes.!!

seems OTT to me..........
Old 20-Oct-2005, 16:17
MotoGP God

Mood: Its ONLY a Bike Club
As my engine came from a breakers being made to take it apart wouldn't be the end of the world as I'm sure I could put it back together better than it was before, with a chance to sort squish, cam timing and valve clearances and even grind the valves in to ensure good seating.
I think random checks should be carried out, I see they CB500 and Hornets had a Parc Ferme at Brands when we were there and when I was at Pembrey they had one for the Streetstock class so it is part of club racing and therefore there is no reason not to have a random one now and again.
Old 20-Oct-2005, 16:25
DSC Club Member
Ducati in my Blood
Bikes: 1100S Multistrada, 450RT, Gilera Nordwest, Bultaco Frontera, Rickman Metisse-being built!

Mood: Growing old-DISGRACEFULLY!
I have to say I think this is all getting WAY too serious, there are 5 months before the start of next years racing and you are all getting so het up about it all.
Dyno's are very variable so unless you used the same one all season you could in theory have an engine which is perfectly legal but at one round is seen to be outside of the rules(assuming we use Dom's power cap idea) without being any more powerful.
To use a Parc Ferme is a good idea in principle (as CB500's) but assumes that someone from the club-with appropriate knowledge-is going to make themselves available to be at every round to check bikes-bit of a committment don't you think? I know you guys are going to be at the races but then you are racing. I won't be at every round next year-I have other things in my life, and I don't have the knowledge of 2 valve Ducati's. I think we have hoped that this would be self policing-as it has been this year-if you really think someone is seriously cheating then you protest them and the engine gets stripped. To pick on Dom with the tyre thing as a bit unfair-Rich made an honest mistake, it is also a very easy thing for other racers to spot.
I would love to know where the "with 75bhp" comes from Dom-as far as I understand it you would have a job to get 70bhp from a 620?-unless of course you think someone is secretly running an 800??
To be honest if you are all generating this much heat with 5 months still to go I don't think we will have a series at all by next year-you'll all be in an asylum................nutters the lot of you.

John
Old 20-Oct-2005, 16:33
DSC Club Member
BSB Star

Mood: MT Meglomaniac
One of the sad things about human nature is that wherever competition is involved people will 'interpret' the rules to their advantage. Sometimes this will result in a mild bending, (perhaps unintentionally) of the rules, sometimes in a cynical and blatant flouting of the rules.

This has applied in EVERY form of motorsport I've EVER competed in however lowly it is in the scheme of things.

People running an 1800cc engine in a 1300cc class! People getting away with running slicks on a tarmac rallying stage when they're supposed to be running control road tyres (scrutineers can't keep up with all the class rules)! Even in twin shock club trials, where the 'prize' at the end of the season is a grotty plastic cup and a ripple of applause from 10 people and a dog, people have been known to install innards from the latest bikes in their forks.

Desmodue has been truly remarkable in it's first season for it's sportsmanship, spirit and general lack of bitchiness (although it's had it's moments). I sincerely hope it can remain like that!

I hope as it grows it doesn't get all bitter and twisted by the competitive streak in all human nature, but it will need to be vigilant.
Old 20-Oct-2005, 16:36
Big Twin

Quote:
Originally posted by Monty
I have to say I think this is all getting WAY too serious, there are 5 months before the start of next years racing and you are all getting so het up about it all.
Dyno's are very variable so unless you used the same one all season you could in theory have an engine which is perfectly legal but at one round is seen to be outside of the rules(assuming we use Dom's power cap idea) without being any more powerful.
To use a Parc Ferme is a good idea in principle (as CB500's) but assumes that someone from the club-with appropriate knowledge-is going to make themselves available to be at every round to check bikes-bit of a committment don't you think? I know you guys are going to be at the races but then you are racing. I won't be at every round next year-I have other things in my life, and I don't have the knowledge of 2 valve Ducati's. I think we have hoped that this would be self policing-as it has been this year-if you really think someone is seriously cheating then you protest them and the engine gets stripped. To pick on Dom with the tyre thing as a bit unfair-Rich made an honest mistake, it is also a very easy thing for other racers to spot.
I would love to know where the "with 75bhp" comes from Dom-as far as I understand it you would have a job to get 70bhp from a 620?-unless of course you think someone is secretly running an 800??
To be honest if you are all generating this much heat with 5 months still to go I don't think we will have a series at all by next year-you'll all be in an asylum................nutters the lot of you.

John

Well said...and as a non-entrant I feel its starting to look like a bit of a joke from the outside.

You could just buy a standard multistrudle...leave it standard...and use your (thats refers to anyone) talents to whoop the majority of the field...a bit like Mr Neeves?

Nah...that would be too easy
Old 20-Oct-2005, 16:42
BSB Star

Mood: the rain in spain falls mainly on me!
its a valid point if you are racing and putting alot of time and effort in. there is no point in having rules if they cant be checked or upheld.

i think there should be a forum for entrants to discuss racing matters.
Old 20-Oct-2005, 16:55
MotoGP God

Mood: 749 racebike MGP
Quote:
Originally posted by dickieducati

There is mate - it's the Desmo Due forum.

It amazes me that people read threads in the Desmo Due forum and complain about them or whatever as it's obvious that anything in this forum is about Desmo Due (sometimes loosely I grant you). To say you only read by Today's Posts is a pathetic excuse as you can see what forum a thread is in before you go into it on Today's Posts.

It especially amazes me from people who should know better who start making comments about people discussing their own race series.

FFS - get a life!
Old 20-Oct-2005, 17:02
DSC Club Member
BSB Star

Mood: MT Meglomaniac
Quote:
Originally posted by TP
Quote:
Originally posted by dickieducati

There is mate - it's the Desmo Due forum.

It amazes me that people read threads in the Desmo Due forum and complain about them or whatever as it's obvious that anything in this forum is about Desmo Due (sometimes loosely I grant you). To say you only read by Today's Posts is a pathetic excuse as you can see what forum a thread is in before you go into it on Today's Posts.

It especially amazes me from people who should know better who start making comments about people discussing their own race series.

FFS - get a life!

Their own race series? Or the club's race series?