Ducati Sporting Club UK
DesmoDue - General Questions and Chat
Discussions on the race series devised and supported by the DSC.

Old 20-Oct-2005, 21:32
Ducati in my Blood

Mood: I love my 996 xxx
Missed this post today... must work less!

Firstly, a valid point for discussion Dom, but no vote from me cos I don't care enough.

Whether or not the bikes are checked is neither here nor there for me, but the rules need to be in place because most (if not all) riders/teams want to play fair and will voluntarily not break them.

If we go down the road of "no parc ferme, no rules" then it just turns into cheque-book racing.

And as I found out at Snet, you don't have to mess around with your OWN bike to cheat! If someone is wanting to cheat then they'll do so one way or another, but that's just like going out shopping to buy a trophy... their victory would mean nothing, but if found out then they would almost certainly be taken behind the bogs for a 'chat'!
Old 20-Oct-2005, 22:27
Ducati Meccanica

I agree with Nick - The rules need to be in place in the first place. Folks WILL cheat, the more the series opens up etc the more chance there is to happen.
Put the rules in now as deterrent if nothing else.
It's all been very nice and friendly this season. It won't always be that way sadly.

Fwiw I too can sleep at night doing all season on a 99 583 with no mods other than dyno kit and cans, unless you count my less than regulation laccy band ensuring my rear brake doesn't lock on like it did at Brands
Old 20-Oct-2005, 22:44
Big Twin

Quote:
Originally posted by ali
Quote:
Originally posted by Harv748

Well said...and as a non-entrant I feel its starting to look like a bit of a joke from the outside.
Thanks. Very constructive.

Quote:
You could just buy a standard multistrudle...leave it standard...and use your (thats refers to anyone) talents to whoop the majority of the field...a bit like Mr Neeves?

Nah...that would be too easy

That the Mr Neeves I passed with 10bhp less.?

Ali, the first comment was NOT aimed at the Desmo Due series in gerneral, and if thats how it was taken then I apologise. I think you'll struggle to find anyone within the DSC who thinks that the series is a joke. Even as a non entrant I have travelled to watch the racing and really enjoyed it and the whole experience. I always keep an eye out for the results as I have several mates riding in it, not necessarily at the cutting edge, whom I enjoy watching and hearing off giving 110% for the fun of it. It was a comment aimed more at the way this series and some of the comments made within, at times almost seem to be its own worst enemy.

Just don't lose track of what it was all about in the first place thats all.
Old 20-Oct-2005, 22:46
500SD

WELL WELL WELL

if you lot race as good as you chuck handbags then i think were in for a good series next year

i've made my vote and feel when rules are strictly involved they need to be police'd properly.

just take a look at mro/bemsee minitwins series

dyno at every round for random testing ( every bike's had it this year)

parc ferme for 1/2 hr to deal with any complaints/protests/ machine checks.

the top 2 bikes in championship were stripped/ checked at brands final round by a top mechanic at random and were found to be within the rules.

but as the saying goes
rules are there to be broken
let's hope it does'nt happen in dd 2006 and get the rules police'd properly