Ducati Sporting Club UK

Old 13-Jun-2006, 15:04
Big Twin

Mood: Channel Swim is now a (bad) memory not a dream
Phew what a scorcher...... HOW HOT???

What a weekend!

Our band had a gig on Saturday night at a big wedding down past Andover. Fantastic 'English Heritage' venue in a converted stone barn, once used by the knights of old as a stop off en route to the Crusades etc. Started in jacket and black tie but quickly took the jacket and tie off as it was so hot on the stage jumping around for a few hours.

Finished the gig, got packed and made the decision to drive home, got home at 3.00am, unloaded the gig PA gear and loaded up the trackday gear and went to bed knackered.

Ting a ling....phone alarm goes off...it's time to ride bikes...got up at 6.00am and drove to Cadwell for a No Limits trackday. It was 30+ degrees with no clouds and no breeze and we had an absolutely belting day with very few off's. I did the first 7 sessions back to back, then continued instructing virtually back to back until the very last session. I must have drunk 6 litres of water, 4 sports drinks and 5 cans diet coke and a couple of Solero's. It was so hot, people were shredding tyres and by the end of the day, despite the best weather of the year, people were leaving early as they'd had so much track time and it was just so draining. Packed up the van and drove home, had a couple of beers and my second wee of the day!!! Boy was I dehydrated! Phew, time for bed!

Ting a ling.....alarm went at 5.15am..... time for another trackday!!! Johnyboy picked me up in the van at 5.30am and it's off to Brands for a day AND evening session...... stocked up with water etc on the way, got set up, did the briefing, out for a few sessions and realised I was simply not concentrating. As there were 10 of us there instructing, I was able to take a break, so I peeled the leathers off and I ran the pit lane exit for a few hours over lunchtime. The pit lane was 34 degrees, but there was a nice bonus in that I got to go around in the safety car in-between sessions, allegedly to check the track, but in reality an excuse to blast round at eye opening, tyre squeeling speed. After lunch it was horribly wet leathers back on and I did a few more sessions, before peeling them off again. 30 min break then it was time to do the briefing for the evening session and back out again for another 4 sessions.

Officially tired now......Edinburgh on Saturday for my brothers birthday, followed by Rockingham on Sunday and Cadwell on Monday!!!

WeeJohnyB
Instructor to the stars