Ducati Sporting Club UK
DesmoDue - General Questions and Chat
Discussions on the race series devised and supported by the DSC.

Old 24-Sep-2006, 21:08
WSB Hero

Mood: www.cantbearsed.co.uk
Who's best to run DD - the DSC!

Now that I'm no longer on the Race Committee for the series, I can offer my opinion on here.

I resigned from the rider's rep role because I felt that personal agendas were directly driving the actions of those in positions of responsibility and I felt that these positions were being abused for personal gain.

It now seems that recent developments from outside of the RC are also being driven by personal agendas and politics.

I believe that for the greater good of the DD series, we should be managed by the DSC or their representatives, as long as these individuals do not demonstrate personal agendas.

I fear that any attempt to run the series by another party if handled incorrectly (which I believe the recent ones have) can only lead to disharmony and can potentially split the riders and ruin the series.

If personal agendas are not at play, then why can't these outsiders lobby the committee to demand that the changes in the way the series is run are delivered through the existing RC committee?

Or better still, ensure that the RC is made up of individuals who are nominated and voted in by the DD riders. The present RC can put themselves forward for election should they wish along with those that feel they can run it better.

Why wouldn't they - running the DD is what they want isn't it? Unless its just a ruse to attack certain individuals whilst hiding behind a supposed committee takeover play.

I worry that personal agendas may split the series and potentially end it if they are allowed to prosper. I'd like to see greater transparency in the activities of the RC and suggest again as above that its members are all voted in by the DD riders (and perhaps the DSC members).

Tim
Old 24-Sep-2006, 21:12
Administrator
Webteam
MotoGP God
Bikes: 748S, HM1100S, V4SP, Was: DD-A #111

Mood: Passion Killer
You're right Tim. The ways and means are there to replace the RC should those rules be followed, and this underhand method of trying to drum up support and raise a lynch mob is just pathetic.

I'd rather die peacefully in my sleep like my Grandfather,
than screaming in terror like his passengers.- Jim Harkins

Ducati 748S | Ducati Hypermotard 1100S | Ducati Panigale V4 SP #876 | 600-620SS DesmoDue Racebike #111 <-- Sold!!
Old 25-Sep-2006, 07:44
Big Twin

Mood: http://www.knightroadraceteam.co.uk
Quote:
Originally Posted by antonye
You're right Tim. The ways and means are there to replace the RC should those rules be followed, and this underhand method of trying to drum up support and raise a lynch mob is just pathetic.

well said!!!
Old 24-Sep-2006, 21:15
Ducati Meccanica
Bikes: 916 Senna, 748RS Corse, 1098s Race

Mood: walking on sunshine.....
Ditto Tim.

FFS
Old 24-Sep-2006, 21:21
DSC Club Member
WSB Hero

You're da man Tim. I agree 100%.

Feel the DD love.
Old 24-Sep-2006, 21:51
Big Twin

Mood: Hmmm Conference season
Agreed, Tim well said
Old 25-Sep-2006, 08:51
Ducati Meccanica

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rattler

I worry that personal agendas may split the series and potentially end it if they are allowed to prosper.

I'd like to see greater transparency in the activities of the RC and suggest again as above that its members are all voted in by the DD riders (and perhaps the DSC members).

Tim

What i've been saying for a couple of months now.

And if we'd had greater transparency and commitment to the 'series' all along then none of this would have happened!
Old 25-Sep-2006, 09:06
Ducati Corse
Bikes: 916 Strada

Mood: www.od2racing.co.uk
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rattler
Now that I'm no longer on the Race Committee for the series, I can offer my opinion on here.

I resigned from the rider's rep role because I felt that personal agendas were directly driving the actions of those in positions of responsibility and I felt that these positions were being abused for personal gain.

It now seems that recent developments from outside of the RC are also being driven by personal agendas and politics.

I believe that for the greater good of the DD series, we should be managed by the DSC or their representatives, as long as these individuals do not demonstrate personal agendas.

I fear that any attempt to run the series by another party if handled incorrectly (which I believe the recent ones have) can only lead to disharmony and can potentially split the riders and ruin the series.

If personal agendas are not at play, then why can't these outsiders lobby the committee to demand that the changes in the way the series is run are delivered through the existing RC committee?

Or better still, ensure that the RC is made up of individuals who are nominated and voted in by the DD riders. The present RC can put themselves forward for election should they wish along with those that feel they can run it better.

Why wouldn't they - running the DD is what they want isn't it? Unless its just a ruse to attack certain individuals whilst hiding behind a supposed committee takeover play.

I worry that personal agendas may split the series and potentially end it if they are allowed to prosper. I'd like to see greater transparency in the activities of the RC and suggest again as above that its members are all voted in by the DD riders (and perhaps the DSC members).

Tim

I agree 100% the DSC should run DD but I think they should let New Era control it All the DD need is a riders rep to liaison with New Era we don't need the RC.
Old 25-Sep-2006, 10:45
Ducati Meccanica
Bikes: 916 Senna, 748RS Corse, 1098s Race

Mood: walking on sunshine.....
Question

My view...

The DSC and the DD organisers (whover they are) need to run and control the series.
-including race formats / points / prizes / entry cirteria etc.

New Era put the races on for us.
- as they do for everyone else.

The series was intended to and should remain different from everyone / everything else. The same RC getting BAD press are also the ones who sorted a number of issues out this year for DD to run as smoothly as possible. Tyres, Assen, Donnington, Press coverage, guest riders.

As we have seen this year, we are just a small cog in the New Era wheel.

The riders working WITH people (DSC / DD / RC / Riders Reps / New Era) in this series is the way forward. NOT the constant battling between individuals who are self promoting / with alternate agendas / thinking they can and will do better than that person etc. / wanting to make a point etc. If the behaviour that has happened this year happened in a workplace people should be sacked....and I work in HR!

I joined DD to race with my DSC current and new mates in an enjoyable, fun and friendly series, just like 90% of the people involved. The other 10% can go and race Hysongogogo mobiles as far as I'm concerned and take the petty politics with them. It's not WSB people, in fact it's a relatively NOVICE CLUB series, get off your soap box and enjoy. If not go elsewhere PLEASE.

I'n not supporting the RC or the individuals concerned, I just have a long clear memory as to what this DD thing was all about...people seen to be forgetting that.

What I'm suggesting is not difficult and I have and will continue to support the DD series going forward in 2007 fomally or informally in any role.

Unless I really chuck it down the road at Cadwell and hurt myself....
Old 25-Sep-2006, 11:44
Ducati Corse

Mood: is it still wet
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chris Wood
My view...

The DSC and the DD organisers (whover they are) need to run and control the series.
-including race formats / points / prizes / entry cirteria etc.

New Era put the races on for us.
- as they do for everyone else.

The series was intended to and should remain different from everyone / everything else. The same RC getting BAD press are also the ones who sorted a number of issues out this year for DD to run as smoothly as possible. Tyres, Assen, Donnington, Press coverage, guest riders.

As we have seen this year, we are just a small cog in the New Era wheel.

The riders working WITH people (DSC / DD / RC / Riders Reps / New Era) in this series is the way forward. NOT the constant battling between individuals who are self promoting / with alternate agendas / thinking they can and will do better than that person etc. / wanting to make a point etc. If the behaviour that has happened this year happened in a workplace people should be sacked....and I work in HR!

I joined DD to race with my DSC current and new mates in an enjoyable, fun and friendly series, just like 90% of the people involved. The other 10% can go and race Hysongogogo mobiles as far as I'm concerned and take the petty politics with them. It's not WSB people, in fact it's a relatively NOVICE CLUB series, get off your soap box and enjoy. If not go elsewhere PLEASE.

I'n not supporting the RC or the individuals concerned, I just have a long clear memory as to what this DD thing was all about...people seen to be forgetting that.

What I'm suggesting is not difficult and I have and will continue to support the DD series going forward in 2007 fomally or informally in any role.

Unless I really chuck it down the road at Cadwell and hurt myself....

Absolutely agree with Chris on this.....well said .................100%

Phil