Ducati Sporting Club UK
DesmoDue - General Questions and Chat
Discussions on the race series devised and supported by the DSC.

Old 11-Jan-2005, 20:15
DSC Club Rep
Ducati Corse
Bikes: Monster 1100 EVO

Mood: I'm A Grandad again :-)
Racing Insurence

Moved this post from True costs of Desmo due racing.

One thing that I have noticed that is not been mentioned is Insurence, not trying to put a downer on things, but bones do get broken, I broke my leg racing in 2000 & had I had a policy by a certain american company) CIS I think) I would have recieved over 3K as I was in hostpital for four days & off work for 3 months. Could one of our present racers let the forum know of the company name & how to contact them.
I think a 4/6 month policy was about £65?.

Chris

[Edited on 11-1-2005 by chris.p]

[Edited on 11-1-2005 by chris.p]
Old 11-Jan-2005, 20:19
DSC Club Rep
Ducati Corse
Bikes: Monster 1100 EVO

Mood: I'm A Grandad again :-)
Reply from Skidlids

Chris I was only talking about this yesterday with senna3's wife Trudi.
The company is CISA (i think it stands for Combined Insurance Services of America or something like that). they are regular visitors to the race paddocks these days.

Opinions vary , but I think they have improved their act over recent years if the service they provided Adrian with last year following his TT crash.
No soonr had he got home from Nobles hospital in the IOM he went to his local Doctor to see when he would be fit to return to work.
Once the Doctor had pronounced him fit for work the Doctor filled in the insurance forms and in no time what a £2K check dropped through Adrians door, no doubt it would have been more if Adrian had been off work longer or in Hospital longer. Either way Adrian was very happy with the service.

There use to be a link on the North Glos website, hidden in the message board, but that has been revamped recently and a search may not find it.

Kev