Ducati Sporting Club UK

Old 27-Feb-2006, 00:01
Big Twin

Mood: I own a flame thrower
Quote:
Originally posted by JAS749
Quote:
Originally posted by yeti
Hate to rain on your parade Jas, but I really would not want to drop the bike with that clutch cover. It's gonna take out your spring posts for sure and that will cost you a whole shed load more than a cover!

Why don't you do to your original tin cover what you've done to the carbon cover then paint it black. Would give your clutch a whole heap more protection in an off.
point taken i havent decided whether to keep it on at the mo.i really like the dp black clutch cover to match my sprocket cover but at £210 i cant justify it at the minute

Mmmmm. I have the same modified clutch cover set up. My thought is that if you are going to bin it on the left hard enough to wreck the clutch then you will probably damage quite a few other parts as well. Just add it to the repair bill if it should happen.
Old 27-Feb-2006, 00:05
BSB Star

Mood: All that is necessary for the triumph of evil is that good men do nothing
Quote:
Originally posted by Carbon749
Quote:
Originally posted by JAS749
Quote:
Originally posted by yeti
Hate to rain on your parade Jas, but I really would not want to drop the bike with that clutch cover. It's gonna take out your spring posts for sure and that will cost you a whole shed load more than a cover!

Why don't you do to your original tin cover what you've done to the carbon cover then paint it black. Would give your clutch a whole heap more protection in an off.
point taken i havent decided whether to keep it on at the mo.i really like the dp black clutch cover to match my sprocket cover but at £210 i cant justify it at the minute

Mmmmm. I have the same modified clutch cover set up. My thought is that if you are going to bin it on the left hard enough to wreck the clutch then you will probably damage quite a few other parts as well. Just add it to the repair bill if it should happen.

Not so! I have seen the slightest of spills wreck the clutch posts without doing much damage to the rest of the bike (ask Loz), and I have seen bikes totally trashed on the right hand side but the clutch has survived cos it had a half decent cover. If you MUST have a carbon cover, then use a genuine Ducati Corse cover, they are very tough - as my lowside today can attest. Failing that simply machine some holes in the standard tin item and paint to suit.
Old 27-Feb-2006, 00:10

Mail me a pic of the clutch cover you fancy, might be able to have your original machined and painted. email on my profile [/quote] you have mail
Old 27-Feb-2006, 00:11

Quote:
Originally posted by The Big Red One
tec moto do one the same as the Ducati item 99 pound i think
is it this one????
Old 27-Feb-2006, 00:18
Mille

Mood: Sparks will fly. If it keeps on
This is my one Ducati item but Tec Moto do one the same for £99. Black or Silver i think.
Old 27-Feb-2006, 00:21
BSB Star

Mood: All that is necessary for the triumph of evil is that good men do nothing
This is my original 996S cover:

http://www.jlawson.com/996/images/2353.jpg