Ducati Sporting Club UK

Old 16-Aug-2006, 19:30
Mille

Mood: I started life with nothing and still have most of it left
Suspension set up help

I've got to get this sorted. At 16+ stone the thing pogo's everywhere. I've done the section 8 settings. Applied more rebound. Will compression help or do I need a suspention shop. Who in the North West (Chester) / North can anyone recommend
Thanks
G
Old 16-Aug-2006, 20:51
Montjuic

Im probably over 18 Stone and 6ft 3, (a true Fat Ba###). On the standard settings I was losing the frount wheel even at my pedestrian progress.
I took the bike to Shox next to Ducati Glasgow and after an hours work the handling is transformed. Cant tell you exactly what hes done but he has dropped the front forks and a fitted a much heavier rear spring than the standard BP, if the settings on mine will help I can measure them if you want?
If you cant find anyone more local you could sample some of our scottish roads and pay him a visit?
Old 16-Aug-2006, 21:15
Ducati Corse
Bikes: 916 Strada

Mood: www.od2racing.co.uk
Talking setup

Quote:
Originally Posted by BIG-G
I've got to get this sorted. At 16+ stone the thing pogo's everywhere. I've done the section 8 settings. Applied more rebound. Will compression help or do I need a suspention shop. Who in the North West (Chester) / North can anyone recommend
Thanks
G
Go to the gym.
Old 17-Aug-2006, 00:16
Ducati Corse

Mood: Daft as MartinH after too much Smirnoff Ice
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dseered
Not sure where they are without searching but KaIS suspension ar in the NW somewhere !

Wouldn't be my first choice, they've done a good work for me in the past on a couple of occasions, but their last attempt (revalve and respring, then 2 set up sessions left me very disillusioned. It was me that noticed they'd put the wrong spring on in the first place) It was really their attitude that ****ed me off.

You could try MAxton if you want a full revalve and respring (not sure if they do just set up) Alternatively Colin at 100% bikes suspension attends lots of tracks days at Oulton and he will set up standard stuff for you.

He's there in late August, and also Sept 6th and seems to know his stuff.
Old 17-Aug-2006, 00:22
Ducati Meccanica

Mood: Is 112 dB loud enough?? What??
I can echo the comments BDG has made, especially about Colin from 100%. It's just about the best 40 quid you'll spend on your bike. For a full-on fettle, I always go with K-Tech in Coalville. Top service, top knowledge, and not as expensive as you might think. Their setup database is second to none.
Old 17-Aug-2006, 08:13
Mille

Mood: I started life with nothing and still have most of it left
If you can have a look at your settings for me inc comp and rebound I wouls appritiate it.
Thanks
G

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rossman_999
Im probably over 18 Stone and 6ft 3, (a true Fat Ba###). On the standard settings I was losing the frount wheel even at my pedestrian progress.
I took the bike to Shox next to Ducati Glasgow and after an hours work the handling is transformed. Cant tell you exactly what hes done but he has droppeId the front forks and a fitted a much heavier rear spring than the standard BP, if the settings on mine will help I can measure them if you want?
If you cant find anyone more local you could sample some of our scottish roads and pay him a visit?
Old 17-Aug-2006, 10:06
Ducati Corse

Mood: Daft as MartinH after too much Smirnoff Ice
Colin at 100% suspensions number is 07715 490888.
Old 17-Aug-2006, 11:18
BSB Star

Mood: Soon my pet, soon
As has been said Colin @100% suspension (No Limits trackdays for sure) is a steal at £40 very knowledgeable guy, I dunno what he's like if you need say a heavier spring.... does he carry them?

I echo BDG's comments about KAIS no idea what's going on there these days as they had a great rep but seems to have slipped a bit, Maxton is your closest bet in Frodsham/Helsby I've never used them myself but I know plenty of people who have and keep going back.

K-Tech sorted my 999 out and I'm really happy with the results, bit further to travel but IMO worth it, I spent 1/2 day there while they kept swapping springs and then I'd go off for a spin to see if things improved, all it cost was the price of a set of springs no labour charge when I went in anyway and got a full list of all the changes made and a bit of an insight to what does what etc
Old 17-Aug-2006, 13:27
Big Twin

Quote:
Originally Posted by BDG
Colin at 100% suspensions number is 07715 490888.

I used him at Oulton best £40 ever spent he made a world or difference. Really nice guy too
Old 17-Aug-2006, 14:10
DSC Club Member
BSB Star

Mood: MT Meglomaniac
I think the springs the thing. At 16+ stone you probably need a stiffer one (oooeeer missus)

The Patent Jools Mood Meter -Today I am:

___________^