Ducati Sporting Club UK

Old 27-Feb-2014, 20:16

848 evo clutch help please

Hi guys, need help please I have a 2011 848 evo with 2500 miles on it and I wanted to put an aftermarket clutch slave cylinder on it and stumpy levers. I bought GNC levers and a factory racing clutch slave and put them on last night.
Problem is now when I select 1st gear and let clutch out the bike hardly moves it's like it's riding the clutch and the clutch isn't engaging totally, it was bled with and draper air compressor bleeder and I left it overnight with clutch cable tied in but it still isn't engaging!!!!!

Any thoughts or help please greatly appreciated thanks .

Old 27-Feb-2014, 22:13
Administrator
Webteam
MotoGP God
Bikes: 748S, HM1100S, V4SP, Was: DD-A #111

Mood: Passion Killer
Do you know what piston diameter the clutch slave is?

To get a lighter action the piston is bigger than the oem size BUT to push the same amount of fluid and move the clutch push rod the same distance will mean that you will have to pull the lever further. This is the trade off.

Have you tried setting the span adjuster so the lever is all the way out?

The other thing you could do is to wind out the barrel adjust slightly - the bit that pushes into the master cylinder - but be careful not to do it too much otherwise it will drag the clutch.

I'd rather die peacefully in my sleep like my Grandfather,
than screaming in terror like his passengers.- Jim Harkins

Ducati 748S | Ducati Hypermotard 1100S | Ducati Panigale V4 SP #876 | 600-620SS DesmoDue Racebike #111 <-- Sold!!
Old 27-Feb-2014, 23:50
DSC Club Member
Big Twin
Bikes: Ducati 749, Phil Read Replica, DD 620

Mood: 2011 DD Class 'B' Champion
Some of these aftermarket slaves have a spacer against the piston, if it is installed it may want removing. What you have at present is a pushrod that is too long. So check up the bore of the slave cylinder.
Old 28-Feb-2014, 09:42
Administrator
Webteam
MotoGP God
Bikes: 748S, HM1100S, V4SP, Was: DD-A #111

Mood: Passion Killer
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ghost
Some of these aftermarket slaves have a spacer against the piston, if it is installed it may want removing. What you have at present is a pushrod that is too long. So check up the bore of the slave cylinder.

Normally you'll get a locked clutch (as in, not able to pull the lever) if the adapter (10mm long) is installed on the later clutch.

The shorter pushrod that needs the adapter was on models up to ~2000 so a lot of companies don't bother with it any more!

I'd rather die peacefully in my sleep like my Grandfather,
than screaming in terror like his passengers.- Jim Harkins

Ducati 748S | Ducati Hypermotard 1100S | Ducati Panigale V4 SP #876 | 600-620SS DesmoDue Racebike #111 <-- Sold!!
Old 28-Feb-2014, 22:59
MotoGP God

Mood: Its ONLY a Bike Club
I would try refitting the original clutch lever and see what it is like then, if its still a problem then its something to do with the fitting of the Slave Cylinder.

I've been using a Factory Slave cylinder on mine for a few years now without any problems even with a short lever

Checkout the Desmo Due Paddock on Facebook