Ducati Sporting Club UK

Old 12-Oct-2006, 18:44
888 at Last !!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by jj250
and here i was thinking the question was..."what are the benefits of the 57mm pipe and how much is a 2nd hand one worth"
NOT "Should i sell the bike im happy with and buy a 999 "
Im not expecting to fit it and gain a load of bhp and torque, just more noise and a little more go would be good.....Jeez!

If you already have the half system and you're only looking for sound i say don't do it.

If you plan on racing the hell out of it and you have the skill to ride it to the limit in the upper rev range, then it might be worth it.
Old 12-Oct-2006, 18:51
Mille

No i have the stock sysyem at the moment hence the question, the kit is available for £1250 not £2000, yes its a lot of money for not a huge gain and i dont plan on racing the hell out of it,but then if i were to buy a 999 would or could i use that to its full?....No
I bought the 749r because i really wanted one. Sorry but i get p1ssed as it seems that whenever a 749r is mentioned on this board certain people always say "buy a 999-999r" It just gets a little boring
Old 12-Oct-2006, 18:51
Big Twin

Mood: r
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ducnow
If you already have the half system and you're only looking for sound i say don't do it.

If you plan on racing the hell out of it and you have the skill to ride it to the limit in the upper rev range, then it might be worth it.
as i stated before,in the real world i felt it didnt warrant the price tag.
Old 12-Oct-2006, 19:01
888 at Last !!!

Quote:
No i have the stock sysyem at the moment hence the question, the kit is available for £1250 not £2000, yes its a lot of money for not a huge gain and i dont plan on racing the hell out of it,but then if i were to buy a 999 would or could i use that to its full?....No
I bought the 749r because i really wanted one. Sorry but i get p1ssed as it seems that whenever a 749r is mentioned on this board certain people always say "buy a 999-999r" It just gets a little boring

In your case i would buy the half system (a second hand one if you find it) and throw in a PC3.

I just recently bought a dual pipe half system for my 749R track bike, that goes........ BRAAAAAAAAAAAAA!!!!!! If what you want is sound there's no match for it
Old 12-Oct-2006, 19:02
888 at Last !!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by pedro
as i stated before,in the real world i felt it didnt warrant the price tag.

Yeah, i believe you.
Old 12-Oct-2006, 19:14
BSB Star

Mood: Has change happened...must of missed it!
Quote:

all the show, and no go!

You do and please as you want.......jeez with that attitude you outa be in DD!

Buy the system, then when you do get a 999 you can transfer it!

Ok Ok, .........Look at it this way, you never buy anything for a Ducati, its just a temp loan. When your finished with it sell it on to someone else!
Old 12-Oct-2006, 20:44
500SD

Mood: a ducati is for life not just for christmas
Talking

but what gains would he get andy
Old 12-Oct-2006, 20:58
Mille

Wink

Quote:
Originally Posted by andyb
all the show, and no go!

You do and please as you want.......jeez with that attitude you outa be in DD!

Buy the system, then when you do get a 999 you can transfer it!

Andy, what attitude?
No offence mate but all the 999's are best jibes im sure were mildly amusing for the first few times,but eventually it gets a bit tiresome, come on, come up with something else, im sure you can do it.
My point is you seem to brag about how your 999r is best whenever you can,we all own dukes so why not be constructive and leave the rest in the playground

Last edited by jj250 : 12-Oct-2006 at 21:12.
Old 12-Oct-2006, 21:25
BSB Star

Mood: Has change happened...must of missed it!
whatever.

Its a bit like all the 749/999 are ugly, they only made so many of this model, all the yellow ones are slower, all the old shape are iconic, must get the latest titanium gizmo, must get the latest carbon gizmo..........

Its just what goes around on a site like this!

Oh i never said my 999r was best........they're all good!
Old 12-Oct-2006, 22:07
WSB Hero

Mood: Lurkin'.....
Quote:
and here i was thinking the question was..."what are the benefits of the 57mm pipe and how much is a 2nd hand one worth"
NOT "Should i sell the bike im happy with and buy a 999 "
Im not expecting to fit it and gain a load of bhp and torque, just more noise and a little more go would be good.....Jeez!
Hmm,there is an old saying;
'If it feels good,...do it!'
If you can afford the system,then get one,.....fook 'em all.Look what Butch has done to his 'R'.
Yep,for the price of the system you could p/ex the bike for 999S and instantly have more power,......but that aint the point,is it!

As for your origional query,I'm sorry,I have no idea what gains you will get or what they are worth s/h.I do know they were over 2K new,...heck for that money you could buy another bike,.......oops,here we go again!
I think there was some performance figures on the section 8 superbike site,..might be worth checking out.

Here's the linky;
http://www.section8superbike.com/04-06-749r.php

Ok,so there's no performance figures anymore,..but you get the idea,.......

Last edited by KeefyB : 12-Oct-2006 at 22:33.