Ducati Sporting Club UK

Old 31-Aug-2005, 08:59
500SD

Mood: need a bike...
same cans as I managed to get for my 955 motored 851 !! there are some detail pics in the articles section.
no termi stamps, but they are Duc stamped & I was told they were from an SP2 not SP4/5...you learn every day...
Old 31-Aug-2005, 09:10
500SD

Neil

Not sure if the cans themselves differed on the SP2, but when fitted to the bike they were less 'raked upwards' than those on later bikes, so may have been slightly different. Many SP5s were fitted with carbon cans - not sure if they left the factory that way though.
Old 31-Aug-2005, 09:20
500SD

yeah I see where your'e coming from, the 2nd set of cans I got had been carbon sleeved and appeared to be just as heavily raked as the alloy sleeved ones (with the duc stamps), but the carbon sleeves were damaged & had been replaced with stainless.
The mounting is also totally different (being much higher) and I had to have a set of special mounts knocked up to suit the pipes - there is now absolutely no way at all that a set of pillion pegs could be fitted for example.
I also had to move the rear indicators from their stock position as the pipes wouldn't fit !! I ended by moving them vertically by about 30 - 35mm as I remember.
Old 31-Aug-2005, 10:12
Big Twin

Mood: This is a carbon free zone!
The alloy subframe models have their mounting position a lot further back,if you try and mount 50mm systems on a steel subframe the SP hangers wont work.The other problem is the mounting points on the can itself are in a different position to(they`ve sort have been moved round the pipe circumference)If you have a 45mm high level system you can use those mounts,but you`ll have to mount the brackets behind the subframe as the offset is different.

Standard 45mm mounts

50mm system mounted with 45mm system hangers fitted behind

One off brackets
Old 31-Aug-2005, 23:22
500SD

The exhaust didnt turn out to be a great result,but these clip ons have turned out ok.Made by Spondon,nice job I reckon.
Old 31-Aug-2005, 23:24
Big Twin

They look nice,did you get those of ebay?Even tho mines going I still keep looking for bits
Old 31-Aug-2005, 23:26
Mille

Mood: I AM looking forward to racing..
Graham, don't sell her. You'll be gutted for years
Old 31-Aug-2005, 23:32
Big Twin

The deal is done I`m afraid Fred(Well 99% done) and yes I will be,but the decision has been made.
Old 01-Sep-2005, 00:01
500SD

Yes,the clip ons came off ebay.The chap who sold them is a Ducati expert by all accounts,Roland Elworthy.Cant say the name rang any bells,but I dont know much!.
Old 01-Sep-2005, 09:45
500SD

my problem with fitting the larger pipes was the same as sparkin's - my solution (a custom hanger) however is not quite as graceful !!