Ducati Sporting Club UK

Old 21-Mar-2014, 18:40
Bikes: 2004 749

Clutch not engaging

Hi folks,
as my clutch springs were looking a little old and worn I thought I would do a simple switch to some new ones. I took the old ones out and put the new ones in tightening with an allen key until hand tight. I even tightened them in a star pattern.

Now the clutch lever is a lot stiffer but more importantly although I can disengage the clutch when I kick it into gear the rear wheel will not spin round.

I have bled from the reservoir just in case. No bubbles. I have checked the alignment of the pressure plate to ensure it is at the spring thread with the groove in. Still no joy. I am missing something very obvious and have done a fair bit of reading on the various forums. Can anyone put me out of my misery and offer any guidance as to why the wheels won't turn??

Many thanks.
Old 22-Mar-2014, 01:49
DSC Club Member
Mille
Bikes: Had 748,749, 848 and now a 1199 Panigale

Mood: Living the dream.
i had a similar problem, try taking out all the Springs and make sure that the plate is definitely with in the groove slot touching the clutch plates, then make sure you screw the springs all the way down.
Old 29-Mar-2014, 17:52
Bikes: 2004 749

Hi Simon,
I took several of the plates out and aligned them again ..even though none of the plates had been taken out...just the springs removed. All then worked. Perhaps a plate had slipped out a bit but thankfully all working now with the new springs.

A good suggestion to check it all again...next time I will check and check again!
Time to take it out for a test ride I think!
Thanks.
Alec
Old 29-Mar-2014, 22:29
DSC Club Member
Mille
Bikes: Had 748,749, 848 and now a 1199 Panigale

Mood: Living the dream.
im happy you have got it going as the weather is getting better and it would be a shame to miss out on this weekend!
Take it easy on that test ride...