Ducati Sporting Club UK
DesmoDue - General Questions and Chat
Discussions on the race series devised and supported by the DSC.

Old 28-Aug-2012, 11:09
Bevel Head
Bikes: Anyones

Great read.

Just wanted to say a big thank you to all that helped me out over the weekend, especially after my introduction lasted 2 laps of practice before I was on my arse.

I have a lot to learn and you were all very patient with my dumb questions, many thanks.

(Kev, I'll get the throttle tube back to you at Cadders, much appreciated.)
Old 28-Aug-2012, 11:51
Mille
Bikes: Ducati 848 and 583 dd race bike

[quote=skidlids]Another good start until Tom came right across my front wheel and if I hadn't braked while cranked over we would both have been on the deck.

At least this was only once, me and tom were at it every corner come race 3swapping positions, Close racing is understatement, riding on the edge

and Spence also again getting a couple of great results including a win and putting it all on the line to try and get a step higher on the podium in race 2

I didnt go any faster into the last corner or put the power on any sooner, but trying yes I was

But can't grumble, Didnt race Anglesey, missed oulton, and have had 3 DNF's this season and still 4th in championship
QUOTE]
Old 28-Aug-2012, 12:08
MotoGP God
Bikes: 848, M620 DD bike

Mood: waiting...
Great to see you put the old gal where it is used to being and belongs Mark - fighting Chris Clarke
Old 28-Aug-2012, 12:22
Mille

Quote:
Originally Posted by bradders
Great to see you put the old gal where it is used to being and belongs Mark - fighting Chris Clarke

Mark was in the mix with me and tom too!! Had a few close ones with mark too
Old 28-Aug-2012, 12:56
Bevel Head

Quote:
Originally Posted by 848spence
Mark was in the mix with me and tom too!! Had a few close ones with mark too

I thought the 600's were known as the axe murderers until I got in with you lot.
Old 28-Aug-2012, 12:59
MotoGP God
Bikes: 848, M620 DD bike

Mood: waiting...
I did say.....
Old 28-Aug-2012, 13:30
Ducati Meccanica
Bikes: Ducati 996 1 & only Class C DD Champion and KTM LC8 950 SMR

Mood: It's not big, Its not funny, It's necessary
Quote:
Originally Posted by mark 999
Great read.

Just wanted to say a big thank you to all that helped me out over the weekend, especially after my introduction lasted 2 laps of practice before I was on my arse.

Well done this weekend Kev, found your MoJo for this round.

Good to meet you on Fri Mark and to see Mine and Bradders old steed still in the thick of the pack. That bike was the first bike I ever raced and at that circuit in the Moto Six. Did have a bit of a giggle when I heard you were ok when you went down. Welcome to DD. But as you have seen there is nothing like the DD people.

Craig
Old 28-Aug-2012, 13:51
Bevel Head
Bikes: ducati 620ss racer,aprilia rsvr mille,husqavarna 125 crosser

Mood: easy going,love to laugh,fairly competetive
Great write up Kev,My weekend was a bit of a rollercoaster as Kevin said i was a donny virgin,What a track that is! easy till you start to go fast then it seems to change character and demand inch perfect smooth riding,The other tracks in the series seem easier for the novice
My qualifier was hampered by lack of power which Saint Kev and Tony Dyno helped to sort,Massive thanks to both you guys
mediocre rides due to inexperience and too small B-----ks in the 3 races but then the reverse grid handicap OMG could not believe i was leading,I was looking for flags cos i thought i must have jumped the start and was suprised to see everyone gone when i came back round to grid,still thinking there was something amiss i just thought keep going till they tell you to stop.
Still there after 5 laps was like a dream but nerves and disbelief got the better of me and messing up a couple of corners was all it took for fast lads Andy and James to get past coming into foggies,I had no answer but was amazed and delighted to get 3rd and flattered to by awarded novice of the meeting

I would like to thank the whole paddock for your friendly welcome,help and support in this my first season and look forward to Cadwell to meet and compete once more

Batesy
Old 28-Aug-2012, 14:19
Mille

Quote:
Originally Posted by mark 999
I thought the 600's were known as the axe murderers until I got in with you lot.

When we came in after race 1, turned round to you and first thing that came out of your mouth was '' you guys are bloody crazy'' I did chuckle to myself
Old 28-Aug-2012, 14:42
Bevel Head

Quote:
Originally Posted by 848spence
When we came in after race 1, turned round to you and first thing that came out of your mouth was '' you guys are bloody crazy'' I did chuckle to myself
Ha, yes I remember saying that and that everyone just sort of nodded and smiled.

I loved every minute of it.