Ducati Sporting Club UK
Idle Chat
Still needs to be clean and of value to the club.

Old 02-Oct-2009, 13:06
DSC Club Member
BSB Star

Mood: MT Meglomaniac
Quote:
Originally Posted by AK
wasnt my comment jools.

Completely understand that Alan. I'm glad that we're at least part of the way there and that you've received two of the missing copies.

As it happens, issue 41 is one that I do have a few spare copies of, so I will put that in the post to you as soon as I can get your address - as I said, I don't hold the membership details so I can only do this if you PM me your address.

There was an loose leaf insert that went out with the last Pronto and I will make sure that you get a copy of that as well. There were no other inserts in any of the other editions so this will mean you have everything to date.

The Patent Jools Mood Meter -Today I am:

___________^
Old 02-Oct-2009, 14:04
Big Twin

Mood: Channel Swim is now a (bad) memory not a dream
You should know me better to be thinking I was having a go at you Jools.

You clearly had been true to your word and asked it to be sent by recorded delivery early last week by the dates on the posts and it was sent second class on Monday. Given the history with AK/CK, one can't help wondering why Alan never get his Pronto.

I thought we were on a 'fight break'
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EIhFwLjsQug

As for butting out of stuff, if we did, there would be nobody left for the MT to M

WeeJohnyB
Old 02-Oct-2009, 17:12
DSC Club Member
BSB Star

Quote:
Originally Posted by TP
Ok, I'll keep my mouth shut and my opinions to myself if it makes you feel better.

Enjoy your chairmanship.

I think that you are spectacularly missing the point. I'm not telling you to shut your mouth or withold any opinions, I'm simply pointing out some facts.

Firstly, this issue was a straightforward matter of a club member not receiving their issue of Pronto. A regrettable omission, but one that I had already committed to resolving on a one-to-one basis. I offered to do this as part of my role as Pronto editor and it is consistent with the offers I have made to every club member regarding missing magazines since I took on that role.

If you look back you will see that I have made that personal commitment to everybody who does not receive their Pronto - to rectify that as soon as it has become known to me. We send out approximately 400 copies in each posting and typically they reach all but 2 or 3 people each time. When people have posted that they have not received their copy on the forum, or PM'd me to let me know, I have usually been able to get a copy in first class post to them either the same day, or the next day if it's already past the last mail collection by the time I am alerted. I have been able to do this because I get sent my own copy, plus a few spares.

In AK's case, I was not able to do this because I had run out of spare copies. It was taking me a frustratingly long time to do this but I was still working on it, as time permitted.

Like everybody else, I have a busy life and much as I would like to can't always resolve things at a click of my fingers, but, if anybody can point to a single time in all my years membership of this club when I have let them down, dealt with them less than honestly, or operated with some type of hidden agenda I would like to hear it. This has nothing to do with my chairmanship of the club, the commitments I made to members when I took on Pronto pre-date my election to the chair by some considerable margin and the principles of honesty and integrity that I stand by are the ones I've held my whole life

That's why (when it was abundantly clear from the previous posts in the thread that I have taken personal ownership of resolving AK's issue of non-delivery), I take exception to people suddenly jumping all over me demanding that it gets sorted.

I am particularly peeved because to my absolute knowledge AK is a mature adult, quite capable of speaking for himself without anyone taking up cudgels on his behalf. Also, because using using inflammatory phrases like "FFS" when it is clear that I have already personally committed to resolve the issue is very unhelpful and demotivating. I find this particularly hurtful since it was delivered by somebody who I have always respected as a friend; I had hoped that they held me in higher regard than they appear to show in this thread.

My response was to WJB's post, and really had nothing to do with your comments at all.

That's all I'm going to say on this issue now, I hope we can put it behind us and move on

___________^
Old 02-Oct-2009, 17:38
DSC Club Member
BSB Star

And by the miracles of modern technology, two posts cross in the ether.

Good, so I hope we're all friends again

___________^
Old 02-Oct-2009, 18:23
MotoGP God

Mood: 749 racebike MGP
I'm not going to pick your post apart Jools but you're not the only person who isn't impressed. Taken in the context of exactly how long this has been going on with AK, possibly a year or more, the comments from WJB and I were perfectly valid and didn't need you to take such umbrage at them and turn it into something personal when it wasn't.

If your comments were directed at WJB and not me you shouldn't have quoted my post in them.
Old 08-Nov-2009, 23:11
Mille
Bikes: Multistraddle S, Cucciolo

Mood: Blown away!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jools
I am a man of my word, I keep my promises.

Glad to hear it. A few weeks ago there was a thread on here from Jools about the difficulty of selling advertising space in Pronto. I sent him a PM with a simple suggestion and offer, which required a simple answer whether or not the MT wanted me to pursue the idea. I remember that Jools subsequently posted on that thread that he was busy with a project and would answer PM's in due course. To date, several weeks later, still no answer and I can't even find that thread any more.

Way to go with motivating members to help...
Old 10-Nov-2009, 12:32
DSC Club Member
BSB Star

Yes, thanks for casting public doubt upon my integrity Injected.

Here is the thread that you were looking for http://www.ducatisportingclub.com/sh...103#post609103, it's not really hard to find, an advance search on all the posts I've made found it very quickly.

In it, I made the reply you refered to on 30th October, so by my reckoning, the 'several weeks' you refer to in your post above was just over a week ago. As I said at the time, despite my best efforts I had virtually no time to devote to club issues and travelled out to Germany the next day. I have been working on a customer's site ever since where access to the internet is heavily restricted. I am still in Germany and working round the clock or so it seems.

If I have not answered your PM with the urgency that you feel is required then I apologise.

___________^
Old 10-Nov-2009, 14:01
DSC Club Member
BSB Star

By the way, your PM mailbox is full and your PM cannot be responded to

___________^

Postbit Selector
Switch to Vertical postbit Use Vertical Postbit