Ducati Sporting Club UK
Idle Chat
Still needs to be clean and of value to the club.

Old 08-May-2009, 14:00
DSC Club Member
Ducati Meccanica
Bikes: '01 Ducati 748R and '04 Mille RSVR

Mood: Awaiting the arrival of the sun and the disappearance of the rain
Well something positive must be occurring as it's the first DSC post I've read for a while and it's the first post I've replied to in nigh-on 6 months.

Tim (Rattler) hit it in the head for me when he said it "should be a positive experience".

Visiting the DSC forum no longer became that for me with all the griping, non-movement heels-in mentality etc, etc. For the first time in 10 years I didn't renew my membership and that to me shouts volumes.

I'll be another one watching intently what goes on. I still have my friends that I've made, and I still have the memories of DSC times good.

Add to that I have my Ducati back together again so fingers well and truly crossed..........."the lurve" can return to this club along with the membership.

Guy

www.copeimages.com

WeeJohnyB, Best instructor out there http://www.nolimitstrackdays.com/
Old 09-May-2009, 04:34
Ducati Meccanica
Bikes: 916 Senna, 748RS Corse, 1098s Race

Mood: walking on sunshine.....
A nice read.

Simply put, you get what you give, so the more positive inputs the better. Whatever they are, rideouts, attendance, DD, organising something, etc.

I'm sure there are loads of people in the club who enjoy doing stuff, to see the enjoyment that it gives others, in every sense.

To not do something, just to try and see something fail, classic double negative is a shame. Look forward please.

I'll stay a member, even from Aus, because I got a lot out of my membership, regardless of the MT??, and I will continue to benefit and be involved. All for a twenty, which is $50....strewth!!
Old 09-May-2009, 09:35
MotoGP God

Mood: Its ONLY a Bike Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chris Wood

I'll stay a member, even from Aus, because I got a lot out of my membership, regardless of the MT??, and I will continue to benefit and be involved. All for a twenty, which is $50....strewth!!

Adelaide RO

Checkout the Desmo Due Paddock on Facebook
Old 11-May-2009, 00:19
Founder Member
Ducati Meccanica

Thumbs up

Just logged on to the forum for the first time in a while, as some of you will know things haven't been too easy here over the past 6 months

You will also be aware that I am one of those stepping down from the MT at this years AGM so would stress how important it is that new people step up to take on the roles.

Is it easy? In a word no.

It involves a lot of personal time and effort, I've put in mine over the past 10 years some of which I feel has been worthwhile and some which quite frankly has been totally wasted.

This year I plan to attend the Track Days at Cadwell merely to help with the admin, I plan to ride up the day before, stop over ready to get to the circuit early morning on the 15th, spend the day helping to sign people on then attend the AGM in the evening as outgoing chairman/PR Organiser. I'll then stay overnight in B&B ready to do the same on the second day (less the AGM of course).

During all of this I won't put a wheel on track, will have taken 2 days off work, paid for accommodation and subsistence all from my own pocket.

Maybe that puts a bit of perspective on things? When I've gone to meetings to represent the club I claimed no travelling expenses whatsover. I'm not complaining in making these comments just highlighting the realities.

At the outset a small group of us had an idea of what could be offered as a new club focussed on modern Ducatis, we got a lot of enthusiasm from people who could see the ideas we had in mind as of interest to them. We organised trips overseas to WDW and did all kinds of different things.

The club has evolved to cater for quite a varity of interests many of which require a fair bit of admin. behind the scenes to keep going.

The truth is we've had some blindingly good successes with things like DD and the annual 2 day track event amongst others.

We really do need to develop the regions but for some time now we (the MT) have been so thin on the ground that we've been "multi-tasking" just to try and keep the balls in the air. We only just have the 5 elected members required for the quorum as it stands so people need to come forward and get stuck in. The fundamental structure is there to be built back up so it is feasible if people want to put in the effort and push things forward.

Please make the effort to get to the AGM, if you think you can help out do put your ideas forward; Tim (Rattler) has recently got the Ducati of the Month competition off the ground and other ideas will get the backing of the MT I'm sure.

http://www.multirole-eng.com

http://www.audicator.com Check out our simple to fit, potentially life saving turn signal alert system.
Old 11-May-2009, 15:10
DSC Club Member
Ducati Meccanica
Bikes: '01 Ducati 748R and '04 Mille RSVR

Mood: Awaiting the arrival of the sun and the disappearance of the rain
Quote:
Originally Posted by Paul James
Just logged on to the forum for the first time in a while, as some of you will know things haven't been too easy here over the past 6 months

You will also be aware that I am one of those stepping down from the MT at this years AGM so would stress how important it is that new people step up to take on the roles.

Is it easy? In a word no.

It involves a lot of personal time and effort, I've put in mine over the past 10 years some of which I feel has been worthwhile and some which quite frankly has been totally wasted.

This year I plan to attend the Track Days at Cadwell merely to help with the admin, I plan to ride up the day before, stop over ready to get to the circuit early morning on the 15th, spend the day helping to sign people on then attend the AGM in the evening as outgoing chairman/PR Organiser. I'll then stay overnight in B&B ready to do the same on the second day (less the AGM of course).

During all of this I won't put a wheel on track, will have taken 2 days off work, paid for accommodation and subsistence all from my own pocket.

Maybe that puts a bit of perspective on things? When I've gone to meetings to represent the club I claimed no travelling expenses whatsover. I'm not complaining in making these comments just highlighting the realities.

At the outset a small group of us had an idea of what could be offered as a new club focussed on modern Ducatis, we got a lot of enthusiasm from people who could see the ideas we had in mind as of interest to them. We organised trips overseas to WDW and did all kinds of different things.

The club has evolved to cater for quite a varity of interests many of which require a fair bit of admin. behind the scenes to keep going.

The truth is we've had some blindingly good successes with things like DD and the annual 2 day track event amongst others.

We really do need to develop the regions but for some time now we (the MT) have been so thin on the ground that we've been "multi-tasking" just to try and keep the balls in the air. We only just have the 5 elected members required for the quorum as it stands so people need to come forward and get stuck in. The fundamental structure is there to be built back up so it is feasible if people want to put in the effort and push things forward.

Please make the effort to get to the AGM, if you think you can help out do put your ideas forward; Tim (Rattler) has recently got the Ducati of the Month competition off the ground and other ideas will get the backing of the MT I'm sure.

If there was a "Thanks" button on this forum too Paul, I'd have just clicked it. Gc

www.copeimages.com

WeeJohnyB, Best instructor out there http://www.nolimitstrackdays.com/

Postbit Selector
Switch to Vertical postbit Use Vertical Postbit