Ducati Sporting Club UK

Old 30-Aug-2005, 14:00
BSB Star

Mood: Soon my pet, soon
Same with any non UK bike, the lights won't meet an MOT as they point the wrong way.

I guess trackday/fibreglass fairings are a cheap way to go, but that will obviously affect resale down the line a fair bit. All depends on what you intend to do with it

[Edited on 30-8-2005 by JPM]
Old 30-Aug-2005, 18:38
GTL

Mood: I want to come home ::(:but then
Quote:
Originally posted by geoff m
I am now £98 worse off,

new stand and lever from Ducati Mcr, But £12.00 for the bolt that holds the stand on ?? !!!!

Ahh well, at least I was not on it when it went over,

and there are people a lot worse off than me, and its not raining, and it is a Ducati after all, and I am going out for a curry tonight, and at least I am not a chav. and I have my health, and a nice car and a gorgeous wife and so on and so forth...

Justifying it to meself !!!

Geoff M

I'd be just glad with it not raining Good on yer mate I can't "STAND" moaners
Old 31-Aug-2005, 16:09
GTL

Mood: I want to come home ::(:but then
As we’re talking about side stands (this is a long one)

I had a little Incident about 5 weeks ago. Decided to visit a customer on the bike because it was about 30c and the route is great for bikes. Anyway, had to put the road panels on as the bike was in race mode. The only side stand I had in the garage was from a later model so didn’t have the spring return mech. No problem! I thinks wont forget to put the stand up. How wrong I was. Filled up, head full of orders, first left turn out of the town, bike starts making funny scraping noises. "What the F*!$ is that" I says "OOHH Sh*t the sta…." Well I flew at least 6 foot (well it felt like 6 foot to me) sideways down the road. Landed on my head and hip and was caught in a ball of flames, Edwards style, because the tank (remember it's full) flew off and caught fire. The amazing thing was it almost immediately went out (only just started saving my chin again). The women who saw the accident thought Bin laden was about too blow her little town up. Ended up about 60ft away in a ditch. Knackered the side panel handle bar, clutch, lamp holder, front panel, gear lever etc etc. Also needed a new helmet and it felt like I needed a new hip, still hurts a bit now.
Anyway, the long and the tall of it is, leave the safety thing-y-megigs were they should be.

You’ll be pleased to know I fitted a plate to the spring(s) to make sure the stand returns, the only trouble is that the bleedin thing flicks back now with such force, that the bike now jumps 6ins to the right. But at least I know it's tucked-up nice where it should be