Ducati Sporting Club UK

Old 11-Nov-2005, 14:38
BSB Star

Mood: Has change happened...must of missed it!
As i often said before, it is the pi55 take part thatll get you noticed, and or ticketed!

I run, (when im on the road) open 57mm system and a 7x5 carbon plate........both illegal and really no comeback if you are chosen to be done!

But applying a bit of sense with the noise level at certain locations does help.

The number plate is illegal, but it doesnt take the pss, its on two lines and in std font. It can be read by all cameras.

I have seen ducatis with the plate the size of the rear reflector.............you get all you deserve!
Old 11-Nov-2005, 14:45
BSB Star

Mood: Soon my pet, soon
Quote:
Originally posted by andyb
As i often said before, it is the pi55 take part thatll get you noticed, and or ticketed!

I run, (when im on the road) open 57mm system and a 7x5 carbon plate........both illegal and really no comeback if you are chosen to be done!

But applying a bit of sense with the noise level at certain locations does help.

The number plate is illegal, but it doesnt take the pss, its on two lines and in std font. It can be read by all cameras.

I have seen ducatis with the plate the size of the rear reflector.............you get all you deserve!

Surprised they can see anything with your arse!
Old 11-Nov-2005, 14:47
500SD

Mood: head down
my open termi system has been on the track with a 88db noise limit with no problems , (and they are strict !!)

the 57mm system i used to use was also under the 88db limit until it started to split and vibrate and i was pulled in for 89.5db

[Edited on 11-11-2005 by nathanhu]
Old 11-Nov-2005, 17:32
Montjuic

Ive read the above with interest as Ive fitted a termi system on my 749s.
One question though - have you told your insurance company about the exhaust ?
If you trash the bike will they try and get out of paying up because youve got a dodgy pipe fitted?
These days they seem to try anything to get out paying up and a noisy pipe is giving them an excuse on a plate.

Oh the pipe sounds great.
Old 11-Nov-2005, 17:37
Big Twin

Mood: Proud to own a Ducati :0)
You HAVE to tell your insurance. Not the worth the risk IMHO that they won't pay out.

If you choose the right insurer, it won't cost you any extra.
Old 11-Nov-2005, 17:46
BSB Star

Mood: Has change happened...must of missed it!
Quote:
Originally posted by JPM
Quote:
Originally posted by andyb

Surprised they can see anything with your arse!

Dont talk about the other arf lke that!
Old 11-Nov-2005, 18:04
Big Twin

Quote:
Originally posted by Twinfan
You HAVE to tell your insurance. Not the worth the risk IMHO that they won't pay out.

If you choose the right insurer, it won't cost you any extra.

I told my insurance broker. I also told them about the carbon etc and that I was thinking about a slipper clutch. They said only mods that affected performance would make a difference. As it happened, the asymetric can made a difference of about £120 on my premium bringing it up to £440 fully comp. Think I'll be shopping around again next year! I'm not even sure they'd pay out the value on the Termi, it just loads the policy to have it fitted. Not even THAT much of a performance boost either to be honest!

Oh, I'm with Carole Nash btw. Can't remember who then insurer is though, probably NIG.
Old 11-Nov-2005, 18:20
Montjuic

Isnt it strange that your insurance company will take £120 off you to insure something that isnt road legal !
Old 11-Nov-2005, 18:23
Big Twin

Quote:
Originally posted by posiden
Isnt it strange that your insurance company will take £120 off you to insure something that isnt road legal !

Hmmm .. yeah. Odd that, but they didn't seem too worried about that.
Old 11-Nov-2005, 18:23
Mille

Mood: counting
i remember being down in matlock a while ago
and some lad pulled up (i mean old man realy must have been in his 30's) and then reved the tits off his bike before killing it, in a look at me look at me sort of neeeeeeeeed attention sorta way , and out of knowhere came the blue lights the officer wasnt very happy , but oddly enough told laddy gave him a mouthfull and he actually buggered off which i thought was odd , i was about to leave but 'had to' wait a bit for the lone boy in blue to dissapear (paranoia dont ya know).