Ducati Sporting Club UK

Old 02-Aug-2005, 21:03
Ducati Corse

Mood: Tad more confident
Quote:
Originally posted by JPM
Oh dear.... Jon will be happy I guess

This isn't a result of locking q/shifters post is it????

Shame on you JPM Its beyond me how a company that seemed to have a full house with every trackday and have ingenious ways in getting you to part with more money can go bust

I've just this minute checked my cc statement and I've had my refund. Thank you Tony.

[Edited on 2-8-2005 by Jon]

[Edited on 2-8-2005 by Jon]
Old 02-Aug-2005, 21:11
Big Twin

well Quickshifter

perhaps this is something "WE would love YOU to tell us about"????
Old 02-Aug-2005, 21:12
500SD

Mood: Out with the grey....in with the satin black
Quote:
Originally posted by Jon
Its beyond me how a company that seemed to have a full house with every trackday and have ingenious ways in getting you to part with more money can go bust

My thoughts exactly. I'm gutted though. I was a big fan of their days having attended SPORTS & PACE days & been impressed.
Old 02-Aug-2005, 21:18
Dibble

Tony Scott (Quickshifter) posted this on Visordown at 14.21 today.

"This is one thread that I will not enjoy taking part in however, we would prefer to remove rumour or conjecture and give account for our decision.

Both Sarah and myself believe that what ESS produced would have in the fullness of time brought about a change to this industry, a change for the good of both operators and customers alike, it was our vision that we would enter a new era in circuit based activities, one that we hoped would have had so much more to offer.

Whilst the products have (of late) proved very popular it has become clear that the costs of running them coupled with the current climate of track days means that the margins available do not counter the risk, what is made on one day is so easily wiped out on the very next, we are sure that many other operators experience similar problems but for us this was exacerbated by the associated costs of providing that level of event.

With the above in mind we have taken the difficult decision to close ESS and place it in to administration (As of August 1st 2005), this does mean that all future events have been cancelled although I know MSV are working with us to provide an alternative for all those who have booked forthcoming events, we will advise.
Whilst the mood is sombre both Sarah and myself have been deeply touched by the level of support we have received from our members, friends and indeed the industry.
With that in mind we would like to apologise to everyone for our failure and to thank all those who have supported us in what has proved a difficult task."
Old 03-Aug-2005, 22:11
Ducati Meccanica

Mood: Still having fun!
despite my recent wind up on the other thread, - it is a shame to see any business go this way, a shame for customers, staff and of course those who own the business. Sad reality that working within the bike industry is not easy.
Old 03-Aug-2005, 22:14
WSB Hero

Mood: www.cantbearsed.co.uk
I think Tony's a decent fella - its always sad when a business venture fails.

There'll be an inevitable period of wound licking, but I reckon he'll be back in some form or other.

He had some great ideas as to what to offer customers, but perhaps not the best PR vehicle to promote these.

Best wishes
Tim
Old 03-Aug-2005, 22:18
MotoGP God

Mood: 749 racebike MGP
Quote:
Originally posted by Rattler
I think Tony's a decent fella - its always sad when a business venture fails.

There'll be an inevitable period of wound licking, but I reckon he'll be back in some form or other.

He had some great ideas as to what to offer customers, but perhaps not the best PR vehicle to promote these.

Best wishes
Tim

Well said Tim, I think Tony had some great idea's. It would be good to see them back in some form and given Tony's outlook on life I'm sure we'll see him again in some capacity.

I wish him well in the future.