Ducati Sporting Club UK

Old 29-Oct-2003, 22:27
500SD

Another e-Bay Mystery!

Hi guys,

Does anybody know anything about this auction?

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/ws/eBayISAPI.d...y=10 448&rd=1

To my knowledge, this is at least the sixth time this slipper clutch has been up for sale by the same seller. It always seems to sell OK, but give it a couple of weeks and he's got it up for sale again. A scam?

Your thoughts please.

Cheers,

Neil.
Old 29-Oct-2003, 23:22
Ducati Corse
Bikes: 916 Strada

Mood: www.od2racing.co.uk
i think it's a different clutch i've been looking for one for awhile & dont think he's a bike dealer, if you look at his other stuff it's all electrical
Chass
Old 29-Oct-2003, 23:28
MotoGP God

Mood: Its ONLY a Bike Club
With a rating of 890 and less than 1% in negative feedbacks over the last 6 months doesn't sound as if he can be that dodgy, maybe hes just got the right contacts.
Old 29-Oct-2003, 23:34
WSB Hero

Mood: www.cantbearsed.co.uk
He\'d of got away with it too.....

.....if it hadn't of been for you meddling kids!!!
Old 29-Oct-2003, 23:50
Big Twin

Mood: :devil:
It's much like Tim constantly selling different bodywork and mag wheels on ebay. You'd have thought somebody might have picked up on him too
Old 30-Oct-2003, 00:18
WSB Hero
Bikes: 1993 - 944SS & Aprilia Falco

It would be nice if people declared themselves as 'traders' in some way but, as pointed out - if some one has a good feedback history does it really make a difference.

There are plenty of threads here about safe conduct on E-bay but I'd advise always to try and make some sort of contact with a seller first.

Good Luck - Frank
Old 30-Oct-2003, 09:23
WSB Hero

Mood: www.cantbearsed.co.uk
I\'m just fickle!!!!

That's all!!!

What makes a trader? I'm selling and buying lots of stuff on ebay - I have a 100% rating with 60 positive feedbacks, but I only buy/sell for personal useage.

Is a trader someone who buys / sells for profit? Maybe we'd all aim for that? I think if its someone who passes through goods at a markup.

As Jamie says, some of the items I've bought / sold are similar (I've probably bought and sold 4 different sets of track fairings on there).
But would I look like a trader?

Maybe I'm missing an opportunity!!

I think that if its new stuff and repeated product lines that should be something to watch. But some people are running very genuine businesses on there and using it as a very cheap way of getting to the marketplace.

I recently bought a leaf-blower (sad I know) on there and was dissapointed about the slow delivery times, only to be told that they had issues with their deliveries from their suppliers!

Maybe it would help, as already stated, if they'd state if they are trade!

Tim

[Edited on 30-10-2003 by Rattler]
Old 30-Oct-2003, 09:38
Administrator
Webteam
MotoGP God
Bikes: 748S, HM1100S, V4SP, Was: DD-A #111

Mood: Passion Killer
If you have a look at his feedback, the same slipper clutch (not necessarily the same item) was sold earlier but they buyer complained that he "only sent half the bits" which I guess means the matching clutch plates?

If you look at the pics, it also appears to be missing the springs and spring caps too - how much else internally is missing?

There was also a thread a while back about the "only one track day" use statement, which (if I remember correctly) someone found out that it was actually from a race bike? I think it was KJ that also pointed out the wear that could just be seen on the basket too...

If you're thinking of buying, I would get as much information as possible from the seller. Drop him an email and ask about the springs, caps and internals. Ask for more photos. Ask what is exactly meant by "one track day" and which bike this came from (as this may lead him on to tell you where it came from). It's better to be safe than sorry...
Old 30-Oct-2003, 09:54
Administrator
Webteam
MotoGP God

Just found the original thread on the board, which brought up some interesting discussion points at the time:
http://www.ducatisportingclub.com/co...id=36&tid=7000
Old 30-Oct-2003, 10:00
Administrator
Webteam
MotoGP God

I've just done some additional digging around, and this is indeed the same guy that was selling the item in the thread on the old board that caused the fuss.

The item number was "2409926603" which, although is no longer held on the ebay site, you can find it in his feedback:
http://cgi2.ebay.co.uk/aw-cgi/eBayIS...=3&i tems=200