Ducati Sporting Club UK
DesmoDue - General Questions and Chat
Discussions on the race series devised and supported by the DSC.
View Poll Results: Which make of tyre would you choose to race on
Pirelli 25 64.10%
Metzeller 2 5.13%
Bridgestone 5 12.82%
Michelin 5 12.82%
Dunlop 0 0%
Avon 0 0%
Maxxis 2 5.13%
Continental 0 0%
Voters: 39. You may not vote on this poll

Old 26-Apr-2009, 15:22
500SD

[quote=Chris Wood]I thought they were 160 fitted from Holbeach?

So based on the poll, i'm not convinced there is a problem?

I'm all ears, please somebody rephrase it again?

DSC sets up a one make control series, invites people to come and play, they sign up, then toys go out the pram over the tyres? weird.... But i'm sure it is the same in MotoGP over the Bridgestones
]

Never said anywhere in this thread i wanted the control tyre changed
If i want to ask pirelli why the h rated at most retailers are near £190 ...........
I can thats what customer service's is for isn't it ?
Old 26-Apr-2009, 19:41
Big Twin

As stated in previous mails a set of Diablos are available from Holbeach at £145 loose or £160 fitted, which from previous info seems a good deal

This price is subsidised and will be held for the season barring any major price increase from Pirelli due to exchange rates etc.

Holbeach do not have a monopoly but they do provide a service at race meetings with stock available.

As they have to pay most if not all race circuits for the space in the paddock it is a very good deal.( can be £1000 for a weekend)

I have spoken to Mark and he is prepared to bring extra sets to meetings but if as at Donnington people order tyres and do not collect/pay for them or have them fitted he will use the limited space in his truck with tyres he can sell.
At the end of the day he has a business to run and the cost of 2/3 fitters plus fuel etc over a weekend is not cheap these days.

These tyres have performed well over the past seasons, the RC have looked at alternatives and will do so in the future as tyres develop, but at the moment these are the best available for the series.

Despite rumours of favours, none are requested or recived from any members of the RC, we only have the interests of the entrants in anything we do- and do this to the best of our ability with the time available.

We can always do with help in running the series / club so if you have anything posative to contribute - Please step forward, all help welcome

Last edited by gordonparker : 26-Apr-2009 at 22:46.
Old 26-Apr-2009, 21:23
500SD

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tonio600
The most important thing is that we're all on the same ones...

Good shout Tonio. Everyone is on the same tyre....so go race :-)
Old 26-Apr-2009, 21:35
500SD

Mood: Moto Guzzi are the new Ducati??
Thumbs up Mmmmmm

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lily
I am great, how's you? will you be at Anglesey for some fun?

Nice offer but I've only got room in my van for the Desmo.
Gonna have to be a late entry if at all. Maybe ok for the next one.

Got an offer for a 'paid for go' at the Manx so earning browny points at the mo'
Old 27-Apr-2009, 16:00

Thumbs up

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tonio600
I can't believe this thread hasn't died yet.

The season has started, the rules are locked til the end of it, let's just get on with having fun on the track, whatever tyres we're using. The most important thing is that we're all on the same ones...

Think I may have started this one off but has sparked up some good debate and shows a lot of interest in the subject

My original question was Just bought a new DD bike which is fitted with ZR's can I use them, answer no. Looks like scrutineering at Donington wasn't as thorough as it could have been!! should now be addressed and we will all be on the same H rated rubber. Lets Race!!!!!
Old 28-Apr-2009, 12:57
MotoGP God

Mood: 749 racebike MGP
Quote:
Originally Posted by gordonparker
We can always do with help in running the series / club so if you have anything posative to contribute - Please step forward, all help welcome

No offence Gordon but I always hear that. You should caveat that with 'if your face fits' because that's how it is. Many offers for help go without response and are just ignored.