Ducati Sporting Club UK

Old 01-Feb-2004, 06:27

Service/Corse Technician Neil Freeman

Hi guys,

Sincere apologies, if I'm posting in the wrong place. Anyway, I'm in the US, in So. California, and I just went to an open-house at a newish Ducati dealer. Part of the reason for their party was to introduce their new performance techs (something we sorely need here). Seems they've imported a crew from various dealers within in the UK. Any comment on these gentlemen? As I have a 996, I'm most interested in their new "highly experienced factory race technician" Neil Freeman, and whether he lives up to his billing. Thanks for any input. And if he is all as claimed, sincere thanks for sending him our way.

"Service/Corse Technician Neil Freeman: Neil has been trained at the factory in Bologna specializing in Testastretta engine building. He has worked with a UK Corse race team and prior to joining Spectrum was the Workshop Manager for the #1 Ducati dealer in the UK."

http://www.spectrumhonda.com/ducati_...news/index.htm

http://www.spectrumhonda.com/ducati_...%20Freeman.htm
Old 01-Feb-2004, 08:07
MotoGP God

Mood: Its ONLY a Bike Club
You Have a U2U
Old 01-Feb-2004, 09:14
DSC Club Member
BSB Star

Mood: MT Meglomaniac
Our own Shazaam on this board is in San Diego. May have some knowledge of reliable Ducati techs in California
Old 02-Feb-2004, 01:07

Thank you for the replies.

Yes, I am well aware of my (and Shazaam's) local service options. There are a number of semi-competent, change the oil and belts, mechanics in the area; however, there are zero performance techs. That is one reason why I am polling this board for info on Mr. Freeman. If they have imported a ringer, as they claim, I want to know. If it is typical marketing BS, well, I need to know that even more. As it is, for the regular, valves, belts and oil stuff, I do all my own work. I grew tired of having to inspect my bike after the mechanic has worked on it to see what he f-ed up.

btw, as I realize this is sensitive to discuss, please feel free to send me a U2U.

Cheers
Old 02-Feb-2004, 21:40

Interesting...

For some reason, I though your losing a "highly experienced factory race technician," working as the "Workshop Manager for the #1 a Ducati dealer in the UK," "with fourteen years experience of the brand," who "has trained extensively at the factory in Bologna," with an "extensive knowledge of all Street models," and is a "first class engine builder," would generate a bit more of a response...

Well, anyway, thanks for reading; Truly sorry you couldn't have been of more help.

Cheers!
Old 03-Feb-2004, 08:46
MotoGP God

Steve he worked at On yer Bike for a while and before that he was at Best of Bikes in Newbury and TW Motorcycles at Kidlington.
Old 03-Feb-2004, 21:19
Ducati Corse
Bikes: 1098

Mood: Chilled
my mate jim

owns TW at kiddlington ! do you want answers ? i can ring him
Old 03-Feb-2004, 23:51
MotoGP God

Mav if you know Jim at TWs do you know Mel at Harpers of Cowley.
Old 05-Feb-2004, 11:04
DSC Club Member
Ducati in my Blood
Bikes: 1100S Multistrada, 450RT, Gilera Nordwest, Bultaco Frontera, Rickman Metisse-being built!

Mood: Growing old-DISGRACEFULLY!
Tom I have it on good authority that Neil is a dam good mechanic, he used to do all the work on one of my mates (and the clubs secretary's) bikes. On-Yer-Bike were NOT happy to loose him. As to the lack of response I guess we are lucky over here in having quite a few excellent Ducati mechanics-personally my bike always goes to John Hackett-now he IS well known.

John
Old 07-Feb-2004, 06:13

A sincere thank you to those that replied...

Tom996