Ducati Sporting Club UK
Idle Chat
Still needs to be clean and of value to the club.

Old 17-Aug-2009, 21:41
WSB Hero
Bikes: 1993 - 944SS & Aprilia Falco

Thanks RAC.......

What ever happened to customer relations these days?

14 years I've had RAC recovery/breakdown; only used it twice and then only for minor let downs really.

Renewal for this year was higher than last with yet another year passed without me making a claim. So, I phoned to ask if anything could be done, they offered an extra months coverage for free.

My partner has just taken out insurance cover with the AA and got a good deal and asked if anyone else in the house could use their services. Since two drivers in the same household were taking out an initial deal I got a 50% (yes, FIFTY) reduction on the Person based - at home and roadside recovery service = £51.50

Phoned RAC back to see if they could come anywhere near and they didnt even try - their previous offer was the best; thanks for all the fish but close the door on your way out type response. I was quite surprised by it.

Loyalty obviously means very little these days so I'll take my loyalty elsewhere.

<End of Rant >
Old 18-Aug-2009, 00:52
Deceased 02/10/2010 - R.I.P.
Ducati Corse

Mood: NGRRC Minitwins champion 2007
Same here this year with RAC too.
Old 18-Aug-2009, 11:53
Ducati Corse

Mood: R U thinking what I'm thinking?......Oh dear!
Gone are the days when the AA and RAC were motoring organisations who represented the road user on many issues and roadside AA patrols used to tip you the wink if the bobbies were up ahead.

Times change.

Ray.
Old 18-Aug-2009, 13:13
Ducati in my Blood

Mood: I love my 996 xxx
I get 'free' recovery thrown in with my van insurance, until this year when my premium went up AND breakdown was no longer included. On questioning the pricing structure I was told the breakdown company had hoiked up their prices and it'd now cost me another £70.

Company providing the breakdown part of the policy... RAC.
Old 21-Aug-2009, 09:08
Founder Member
Ducati Meccanica

Not much account taken of customer loyalty these days Frank, companies seem to prefer to chuck the deals at new customers. Makes some sense but if you have somebody with a long term account track record wouldn't it be a good bet to keep them sweet as you don't know how long the newbies will be hanging around?

Every year I go through the motions of beating up my phone provider and insurance companies, never accepting the renewal prices and in every case get a far better deal than offered at face value. It shouldn't really be like that but it is so we have to live with it and learn how to make the most of the situation IMHO.

I've been using the AA for quite a while now (no not the one for my drink problem HIC).

Paul

http://www.multirole-eng.com

http://www.audicator.com Check out our simple to fit, potentially life saving turn signal alert system.

Postbit Selector
Switch to Vertical postbit Use Vertical Postbit