Ducati Sporting Club UK

Old 28-Apr-2004, 18:24
Big Twin

Mood: :-)
Techlusion TFI installed!!

Ever since I've had the ST4S, one thing which has bugged me a bit about the bike is it's refusal to run smoothly at low speed, such as when you're trying to run along in traffic at 30 or to negotiate a wet and greasy roundabout in town.

Despite numerous tweaks and fettling sessions, I've never been 100% happy with this aspect of the bike and thought that it could be better.

The final straw was getting stuck in the middle of Nice in a rainstorm a few weeks ago at lunchtime... by the time we escaped from the hell hole that is the traffic system there, I decided that enough was enough.

On my return to Blighty, I called into see Neil at Cornerspeed and picked his brains.

Obviously,the one thing I wanted to do ( chip it! ) was out unless I shelled out loadsa dosh for a new ECU.

The upshot was that Neil gave me a Techlusion TFI box to have a play with, probably just to get rid of me & to stop me sulking.

Techlusion website

Once fitted - 4 wires only, it's a doddle to do a basic set up of the unit just by ear.

The upshot of it is, I now have a bike that is easy to ride in wet and miserable town centres as well as the other side to its performance which is why we bought them!

A bit of a search on the net brings up a lot of positive reports from riders of big V twins for this gadget.

I hope to get the bike over to a dyno for a full set up of the gizmo but to say I'm happy with it as it is now is an understatement.

The Cornerspeed mechanic comes up trumps again - top lad!

Cheers

Andy
Old 28-Apr-2004, 19:22
MotoGP God

Mood: Its ONLY a Bike Club
I had a TFi unit on my TL1000S when I was racing it and was very pleased with the improvement it gave, I have since sold the bike but kept the TFI unit which at some point I hope to fit to my 916 when I also fit a bigger Exhaust system.