Ducati Sporting Club UK

Prev   Next
Old 24-Sep-2009, 19:04
MotoGP God

Mood: 749 racebike MGP
The Muppet, the 888SP5 and Jasper

I finished paying for this bike a while ago but due to the immense nature of my idiocy I'm only just starting to be able have a sense of humour about this bellend mistake I made!

Now, I'm resurrecting the "DSC Muppet Award" and claiming it with both hands. The muppet award seems to have tailed off in recent years but it used to be awarded to a DSC member who had crashed on a track day. Racing doesn't count. I'm sure that at least one DSC member has toppled off on a track day since I did but in the interests of club spirit I'll take it. And so close to the end of the season too! I could have it all winter...

The muppet = me for crashing what is not only a rare bike, the 888SP5, but one that has blinged to death and had rare carbon panels and footpegs on it!!!

The 888SP5 = Jasper's pride and joy, the blingtastic machine with more rare bits and pieces on it than pretty much any bike I've seen.

Jasper = The very magnanimous gentleman who was keen for me to ride this piece of exotica. Not only is Rich a thoroughly decent chap, he took it all in his stride when I brought his broken mistress back to him. He could have ranted and raved and even stuck one on me but he didn't. And not only did he not do any of that, he even tried to stop me from paying the entire bill to restore it back to pristine condition because I am unemployed and he was concerned about my financial situation. Well clearly I was having none of that, it was my mistake and not his, so I paid it. Ouch!!

So a very public thank you to Rich for being such a legend and I'm glad we got it all sorted out. I'll take you out for that promised curry and beers to try make up for the time you missed this summer on it when you should have been riding.

So there you have it, I am the Ducati Sporting Club muppet. Please all join in and have a few giggles at my expense