Ducati Sporting Club UK
DesmoDue - General Questions and Chat
Discussions on the race series devised and supported by the DSC.

Old 10-Jun-2012, 12:44
Bevel Head
Bikes: 1098s, 600ss

Diverter plate

Afternoon Gentlemen

On removing the filter for an oil change before Oulton I managed to actually loosen the double threaded nut in the crankcase that came away with the filter. No biggy but obviously on going to throw away oil the diverter plate was in the bottom of the pan. It's shaperd like a question mark without the dot but not sure which way it should go back in. I run an oil cooler so will need to put it back. Any advice would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks
Old 10-Jun-2012, 13:47
500SD
Bikes: Honda CB350 K4, Ducati 749s

It can only really go one way as there is an indent in the casing for the top of the "question mark" to slot into. Skids has put the tech diagrams on my recent post "Gucci oil coolers". It's currently a few pages back but the info still stands. Hope this helps.
Old 10-Jun-2012, 14:56
Big Twin
Bikes: Ducati 749, Phil Read Replica, DD 620

Mood: 2011 DD Class 'B' Champion
Hi Dean, the rubber pad at the end of the plate closes off a hole whilst the other end of the plate butts up against a raised feature in the crankcase, This is twofold one to get it in the correct orientation and the other to prevent it turning when you tighten the fastener.

Last edited by Ghost : 10-Jun-2012 at 15:03.
Old 10-Jun-2012, 17:54
Bevel Head
Bikes: 1098s, 600ss

Hi Phil

Thanks for comin to the rescue again. Noticed the raised feature and the two holes just couldn't get my head round which way it went. Usual mechanical numptiness. And thanks Si but think the 620 is different.

At least if I get it wrong heat from the engine should keep me warm in the wet. See you at oulton guys