Ducati Sporting Club UK
DesmoDue - General Questions and Chat
Discussions on the race series devised and supported by the DSC.

Old 23-Apr-2006, 22:06
500SD

hawkmans (kyle hinton) brands race report

Well um er !!!!
turned up at brands all excited and looking well forward to riding the louigi 620

then

the rain starts
rain on road tyres !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

aye ohhhhhh no i'm not used to or have ever used these diablo things in the rain

rich /dom / chass all give me some advice on how good they are in wet so take there advice onboard

so then qualify comes

damn give me back full wets i'm thinking as they let us all out and i enter the great paddock hill.
jeeeeeez!!!!!!!!! poooooooooooo !!!!!!!!! nah i cant see anything as my visor mists up whiter than uncle alberts beard.so i just try to get round and flip up and down on visor to get qualify over with and a tad use to these road tyres!!!!!!!!

position 13th class A and 25th overall with a laptime of 1:12.35

get back to pits and make a dash for a fog city visor insert but only had cheaper copy for my shark lid. oh well it's better than nothing.

say sorry to louigi for my dismal performance and promise better for race

race 1

line up on grid looking way ahead to see domski on pole with andy johnson taking 2'nd warm up lap starts and hay presto I can see the track now, and feel a lot more comfy than qualifying.
Line up again to start the race and await the lights, lights go out and all i could see was a yellow monster 2 grids in front completley sideways but he holds it and recovers. First corner slipped in to seventh or eighth and can't really remember much of the first couple of laps but bike was going excellent and started to settle in and feel at home with diablo's in the wet conditions (damn there quite grippy)
remember putting a move on the inside of tp(i think) and some one else ( sorry i dont no you all yet) at druids on about lap 5 or so.
look in front and try to catch 3rd place who's way ahead and can see dom and andy having a good battle round clearways as i round surtee's.
try hard for a few laps but not pulling in 3'rd place man quick enough so calm down a bit after a few slippery slide things with the tyres and just chill !!!!!!!
have a look back after graham hill to see where tp is and couldn't see anyone so was in a safe 4th.
last lap flag shows and i knock down for paddock bend.run wide but manage to pull line back trottle on down hill and pop bang blurrrrr burp pichang pp thrrrrrrrrrret dooooh!!!!!

no no no no no no the little louigi stops
hand up and pull of at druids entry
bike wont start and feels electrical

trundle back to pits and rich discovers that the ign pick up has gone. beat my qualify time by 10 secs and the bike feels real strong and perfect for me so i'm all smiles and promise rich better for race 2

rich swift as ever sorts bike out thanks to loan of pickup from phil (thanks buddy)

race 2

line up on grid again a bit more confident in tyres and looking for a good start and a trophy for the crew

lights out

do the usual rain start and get 4th into paddock and hold into druids with dom/andy/?? in front within reach (well sort of).
drive down to graham hill and visor starts to mist real bad
no no please not again
by the time i got to surtees again it just was'nt looking good
tried to hang in there but started to lose place's and was getting very dodge'eeeee
decided to pull in before i went grass treckin or took someone out

hand up
in i come

sorrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrryyyyyy rich
i couldn't see

cheap fog insert

i promise better for assen!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

just like to thank rich @ louigi for a stonking bike thats soon to bring him some wicked results as were nearly there mate

all the teams sponsors including
www.bikeit.co.uk

domski and the pondstart/0d2 posse (well done lads)
phil

see ya and assen here we come
Old 24-Apr-2006, 08:39
DSC Club Member
Ducati in my Blood
Bikes: 1100S Multistrada, 450RT, Gilera Nordwest, Bultaco Frontera, Rickman Metisse-being built!

Mood: Growing old-DISGRACEFULLY!
I wondered why you pulled out of race 2-the bike sounded fine-but no vision would explain it...............

John
Old 24-Apr-2006, 10:41
MotoGP God

Mood: 749 racebike MGP
Quote:
Originally posted by hawk
.... remember putting a move on the inside of tp(i think) and some one else ( sorry i dont no you all yet) at druids on about lap 5 or so...

Yes, and what a nice move it was too. Bastid!

Quote:
Originally posted by hawk
... drive down to graham hill and visor starts to mist real bad ...

I ended up in the first race, the last two laps, finding it difficult to see with misting as well. But it was well and truly worse in the second race - I had to hold my visor open down Coopers straight (between grahame hill bend and surtee's) and down the start finish straight. It was a real PITA!

Bad luck mate, you were looking good this weekend and were surely on for some good points. See you in Assen and hope your luck is better! But not too good
Old 24-Apr-2006, 14:31
DSC Club Member
WSB Hero

I feel your pain Carlos, but at least you know the bike will get you up the sharp end now, and it looks real purdy

We'll have a stonking year from now onwards. Just chuck that helmet in the bin and get a decent Arai

Take it east fella

Old 24-Apr-2006, 19:53
Mille

Mood: Got a life and have no agenda!!
Gutted for you Kyle. You were running well in race 1. Sorry didn't get to say hello. We were billy no mates in the posh end.

See you in Holland