Ducati Sporting Club UK

Old 01-Apr-2005, 09:48
Ducati Meccanica

Mood: I'm so happyyyyyyyyyyyy
Spare Parts - What\'s gonna happen?

As I have seen for a number of recent posts, here and elsewhere, the factory is having a clear out. Hmm, last 888's made in 1994, 10 year requirement to support bikes with spares, what's going to happen when you phone up to buy a bit now?

Might be getting harder and harder to support the beasts. Luckily, many of the cycle parts are commom. What do you all think?

Nat, stop grinning at the back...LOL.
Old 01-Apr-2005, 13:17
Big Twin

Mood: This is a carbon free zone!
Could be a real bummer I agree,especially for high mileage riders like myself,but least we don`t have to worry about rocker wear like some others have on this board An up side of lack of spare parts would be if you sold your 888(heaven forbid)you would probably get more for it if you broke it and the values for clean examples would rise even more

So you know what this means.........BUY!BUY!BUY!
Old 01-Apr-2005, 16:02
Ducati in my Blood

Mood: Back down to 3 :>(
Grin..moi ???!

It does worry me with panels etc (we all know Ainsleys just lobbed his SPS down the road and hes already struglling to get even the mudguard

In a peverse kind of way..makes them even more desiatbel though doesnt it ??!

Anyway..you lot will be alright..youll know where therell be a stash put away for a rainy day..

Talking of which heres what ive tried to get from the factory for your reference..so fingers crossed..(will know end of next week)

Cheers
Nat

[Edited on 1-4-2005 by Nattyboy]
Old 02-Apr-2005, 22:44
Mille

Mood: I AM looking forward to racing..
My solution is to buy everything I see on ebay....got a complete set of spare bodywork, mirrors, two passenger seat covers, tank soon, cans, fender and hugger, brake/clutch master cyls, carbs, and a few odds. Yep parts are rare and yep, we all own appreciating classics!! smug, us???? I got fed up with 2 or 3 grand depreciation on new Jap bikes a long time ago. In fact my girlfriend feels the same and has bought a 15 year old Merc SL, same kind of deal, pretty zero depreciation in two years so far. I reckon useable classics are the way to go. Plus they're rare and always draw a crowd!!
Old 18-Apr-2005, 18:48
Ducati in my Blood

Mood: Back down to 3 :>(
Talking of which heres what ive tried to get from the factory for your reference..so fingers crossed..(will know end of next week)

Cheers
Nat

....Just had a phone call lads...looks like ill be renting a van out for the weekend...

Time to fill your boots with cheap 'never to be repeated' (copyright del boy ..ha ha !!) 851/888 parts - ill be in touch when ive sorted through it..

Cheers
Nat

[Edited on 18-4-2005 by Nattyboy]