Ducati Sporting Club UK
Rideouts, Meets and other Events
Details of various meetings, rideouts and events that are not Ducati specific.

Old 05-Nov-2004, 21:38
Mille

Mood: Mellow Yellow
NEC Show - What Did You Think?

I am not long in from a chilly ride back from the NEC preview day. It definitely seemed to be a smaller affair than in previous years though I did still have a pretty good day. Came away with a few catalogues and leaflets, a bottle of that Scottoiler winter spray and about 40 pics of the various honeys flashing their flesh! Managed to get a couple of my Minichamps bikes signed by Jamie Toseland and Michael Rutter and had a little chat with Troy Corser and Scott Smart. I did hear that Neil Hodgson is off to AMA and Troy Corser is happy as a pig in siht to be on a bike with some power next year and Scott Smart seemed pleased to hear he was sharing my memory card with some top show hotties! Not a bad day all in all and paying the extra is definitely worth it when it comes to beating the crowds. Pity there was no hospitality from Ducati UK on offer, now that was a treat a couple of years ago.
Old 05-Nov-2004, 21:49
Big Twin

Mood: Train comes and I know its destination
What do I think?

I think I should have bloody gone!

[Edited on 5-11-2004 by Loz]
Old 06-Nov-2004, 00:11
Ducati Corse

Mood: Daft as MartinH after too much Smirnoff Ice
Yep, sure seems to have shrunk and not as busy over the first 2 days so far as previous years. Bit of an odd comparison for me as i was only there as a punter rather than exhibiting. Some of the exhibitors echoed my feelings about it being quieter.

Seems to be a lot less of the shop type stands selling helmets, gloves leathers etc.

I personally had an absolutely fantastic time with not working, it wasn't too busy so could see everything, great night on the lash, met loads of mates on Thursday, then spent a thoroughly enjoyable 3 or 4 hours with all the DSC crew (many of whom i've never met before) on Preview day.

To round it off also met a very dodgy Sarf Larndan estate agent, bit of a cheeky young pup, Mr Dibble you know who i mean
Old 06-Nov-2004, 01:34
Ducati Corse
Bikes: 1098

Mood: Chilled
Guys being in the trade i usualy go on trade day!

and miss the show as all i seem to do is talk to suppliers

s00 this year i'm going with the coffin dodgers on a jolly boys outing next thursday

then i can see all the show and get ****ed !
se you there !!!!!!!!............mav
Old 06-Nov-2004, 07:38
WSB Hero

Mood: Lurkin'.....
Yep the show has definately shrunk this year.I guess the organisers want some exorbitant fee from the exhibitors.
Saying that,Marko,RedSeb and I had a cracking day out.Dunno if we saw it all,we kept getting distracted by all the lovely laydees on the stands.
Nice to meet up with all the DSC peeps.Bought a nice pair of gloves.(half price!)
Nowt much new in the way of bikes to look at,we've seen them all in the mags,and they'll all be at the dealers soon.The Ducati stand was impressive with the '05 Superbikes getting the most attention.I want an '05 bike even more now!
No Aprillia's,MV's or Benelli this year.
Star bike of the show?
Hmm,.......KTM's SuperDuke looks a fun bike,but the V Twin Supermoto 950SM did it for me.
Yep a good day out.
Old 06-Nov-2004, 07:48
Big Twin

Mood: This is a carbon free zone!
Quote:
Originally posted by KeefyB

Nice to meet up with all the DSC peeps.Bought a nice pair of gloves.(half price!)

You surprise me Keef you.a bargiiiiiin:P
Old 06-Nov-2004, 08:55
WSB Hero

Mood: Lurkin'.....
Oi loiks a baargiiin,oi do!
The bargain of the show was a lovely little KTM bottle opener!(yes really!)
Bottle opener one end and a 10mm ring spanner on the other.Multifunctional then!
If it was a Ducati item,they would be selling them for at least a fiver,KTM price 1.80.
Old 06-Nov-2004, 10:44
everton

Quote:
Originally posted by KeefyB
Yep the show has definately shrunk this year.I guess the organisers want some exorbitant fee from the exhibitors.
Saying that,Marko,RedSeb and I had a cracking day out.Dunno if we saw it all,we kept getting distracted by all the lovely laydees on the stands.
Nowt much new in the way of bikes to look at,we've seen them all in the mags,and they'll all be at the dealers soon.The Ducati stand was impressive with the '05 Superbikes getting the most attention.I want an '05 bike even more now!
No Aprillia's,MV's or Benelli this year.
Star bike of the show?
Hmm,.......KTM's SuperDuke looks a fun bike,but the V Twin Supermoto 950SM did it for me.
Yep a good day out.

Yeah we were dissapointed that there were no Aprilia or MV, no money see.

But I like being able to wander round without being pushed about. The lack of big crowds makes the extra entry price worth it. Also I agree the lack of tat stalls made the place look more professional - good thing / bad thing I dunno - just felt better that's all.

At the end of the day where else can you get up close and have a chat and a smile with your heros - Hodgson, Haslam, Toseland, Rutter, Nakano etc - all there and happy to chat.
Old 06-Nov-2004, 10:46
Ducati Corse

Mood: Bloo and Yellow.. and Red now ;)
Have to agree with the comments about the show being "smaller" and a bit quieter. Makes for a better place to walk around and enjoy the sights though
Preview day was great. Met the "crew" at noon and had a few beers then went for a stroll.
Now here is the surreal bit....................
We'd been chatting with James Toseland on Thursday and got an offer of a coffee on the Friday, when he'd be less busy. Yeah, right but what the hell. Worth asking.
So we did and were promptly invited into the Ducati hospitality room. Shortly after JT comes in, makes us a coffee and we chat for nigh on two hours about the WSB season, riding, music and a bit of the world in general. We even got a mars bar off him to
I'm still shell shocked. I'm stuck for words about how to describe the whole experience. That man is a STAR and a gent.
That is truly one of the moments in your life that gets filed under "priceless" and for 2 hours of your life everything pales in to insignificance.
How was the show?..................UNBELIEVABLE !!
Old 06-Nov-2004, 12:12
Ducati Meccanica

Mood: Smiley and waiting for the sunshine
Bloody name dropper....

I WANTED TO GO!!!!!! (stamps foot in a girlie strop!):P