Ducati Sporting Club UK
DSC Website - Help and Notices
Information on using the site & requests for help or suggestions, as well as notices about site changes, updates and downtime.

Old 13-Nov-2007, 14:39
Deceased 02/10/2010 - R.I.P.
Ducati Corse

Mood: NGRRC Minitwins champion 2007
I think there's been a bit too much navel-gazing going on. I am not aware of the finer points of law wrt libel etc but it seems to me that the WT/MT are worrying far too much about something that might never happen. As has been pointed out, there are many more far more "liberal" boards that are never troubled by this subject.

I fear that this kind of censorship will lead to a sterilised board where no-one dares say anything remotely contentious for fear of being "charged", "prosecuted" and found "guilty" in secret by the WT/MT without so much as an opportunity to defend themselves or answer the charges.
Such a policy as laid down in the seed post of this thread goes contrary to all of the principles of a fair and democatic society and, is symptomatic of a wider malaise where we see individual freedoms continually eroded.

Some people need to grow thicker skins.

Last edited by twpd : 13-Nov-2007 at 14:42.
Old 13-Nov-2007, 14:43
Ducati Meccanica

Mood: Auto racing, bull fighting, and mountain climbing are the only real sports ... all others are games
Thumbs up

Quote:
Originally Posted by twpd
I think there's been a bit too much navel-gazing going on. I am not aware of the finer points of law wrt libel etc but it seems to me that the WT/MT are worrying far too much about something that might never happen. As has been pointed out, there are many more far more "liberal" boards that are never troubled by this subject.

I fear that this kind of censorship will lead to a sterilised board where no-one dares say anything remotely contentious for fear of being "charged", "prosecuted" and found "guilty" in secret by the WT/MT without so much as an opportunity to defend themselves or answer the charges.
Such a policy as laid down in the seed post of this thread goes contrary to all of the principles of a fair and democatic society and, is symptomatic of a wider malaise where we see individual freedoms continually eroded.

eloquently put Mr Twpd
Old 13-Nov-2007, 14:44
Big Twin

Quote:
Originally Posted by webteam

.... we are not going to have a debate on this issue as there is no way everyone can be appeased by this....

So I guess everyone who has replied to this post will now be banned for contravening the no-debate rules
Old 13-Nov-2007, 14:47
BSB Star

Mood: All that is necessary for the triumph of evil is that good men do nothing
Quote:
Originally Posted by twpd

Or try posting on visordown where they don't give a stuff.

If you don't want to accept this, take a look at what's happened to some posters on Sheffield FC forum. This is real, it's fact and it's NOT going to go away. Sad perhaps, but true.

Last edited by webteam : 14-Nov-2007 at 09:03. Reason: complaints over abusive language
Old 13-Nov-2007, 14:50
Ducati Meccanica

Mood: ooooh
TWPD sounds all gay to me
Old 13-Nov-2007, 14:51
Ducati Meccanica

Mood: ooooh
Quote:
Originally Posted by yeti
If you don't want to accept this, take a look at what's happened to some posters on Sheffield FC forum. This is real, it's fact and it's NOT going to go away. Sad perhaps, but true.

Visordown hasn't had the troubles of Sheffield FC and manages fine with little intervention, as I havent seen the posts that caused this I'm struggling to see just what could be said to offend. But i stand by the comments that people need a thicker skin when on a forum tbh

Last edited by webteam : 14-Nov-2007 at 09:04.
Old 13-Nov-2007, 14:52
Ducati Meccanica

Mood: Auto racing, bull fighting, and mountain climbing are the only real sports ... all others are games
Quote:
Originally Posted by couchcommando

ironically enough that kind of post is no longer tolerated

Last edited by 749er : 13-Nov-2007 at 14:55.
Old 13-Nov-2007, 14:57
DSC Club Member
BSB Star

Mood: MT Meglomaniac
Quote:
Originally Posted by bradders
Chris, in that case sad day indeed....freedon of speech truely has disappeared in the UK

I don't know where the illusion of ever having complete freedom of speech in the UK came from. We've never had it at any time in our history and it doesn't exist anywhere else in the world.

The Patent Jools Mood Meter -Today I am:

___________^
Old 13-Nov-2007, 15:00
Ducati Corse

Quote:
Originally Posted by couchcommando

Indeed. I'd invite you to say that to my face, but we all know you southern shandy drinkers are too soft to come up here to the far north and we'd get lost somewhere south of Leeds.
Old 13-Nov-2007, 15:02
Ducati Corse

Quote:
Originally Posted by yeti

Sheffield FC? That's you outed then - you should've kept quiet. Seriously...there's a world of difference between here and a bunch of football fans elsewhere. I think some latitude is in order tbh.

Last edited by webteam : 14-Nov-2007 at 09:04.