Ducati Sporting Club

Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
  #21  
Old 19-Jul-2012, 10:33 PM
kingfixer's Avatar
kingfixer kingfixer is offline
Registered Forum User
 
Posts: 29
Join Date: Dec 2011
tis a thing of beauty, still sit and stare at mine, especially after ive just cleaned it.
Reply With Quote
  #22  
Old 23-Jul-2012, 12:20 PM
900MAN's Avatar
900MAN 900MAN is offline
Registered Forum User
500SD
 
Posts: 673
Join Date: Mar 2006
Mood: 900 went 999 gone, Multi came and went, 749 Nero now
Hope you don't mind but played with your pic (little sideline business of mine)

Reply With Quote
  #23  
Old 23-Jul-2012, 06:13 PM
Gizmo 1199's Avatar
Gizmo 1199 Gizmo 1199 is offline
Registered Forum User
 
Posts: 8
Join Date: Jul 2012
paintwork

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stealth
Can you ever have too many bikes?????
Hi I'm new to the forum but have owned various ducatis for the last 11 years. I'm waiting on my 1199 arriving (taking for ever) and would just like your thoughts on the paint work, does it scratch easy ? have you fitted the the clear venture sheild to protect it ? do you think it requires it. Most owners I have spoke to at pro twins seem to have this done. I have not done it in the past and have not had any issues with my 998s, 999s and 848 that I have previously owned. I would appreciate any feedback on this point. cheers
Reply With Quote
  #24  
Old 23-Jul-2012, 11:25 PM
Iconic944ss's Avatar
DSC Member Iconic944ss Iconic944ss is offline
DSC Webteam
Webteam
WSB Hero
Bikes: 1993 - 944ss / Aprilia Falco / ST4S
 
Posts: 7,763
Join Date: Oct 2002
Good Mini review by Stealth....

I've recently followed an 1199s for 2500 miles all the way to WDW and back

Gotta say - even though I'll never be able to afford one - I loved it!

The soundtrack in tunnels was a joy, the styling so sexy, its was as good as the scenery and those tail lights daring me ride faster.....

Sorry, its the grappa talking, time for bed!


Cheers - Frank
Reply With Quote
  #25  
Old 24-Jul-2012, 08:38 AM
kingfixer's Avatar
kingfixer kingfixer is offline
Registered Forum User
 
Posts: 29
Join Date: Dec 2011
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gizmo 1199
Hi I'm new to the forum but have owned various ducatis for the last 11 years. I'm waiting on my 1199 arriving (taking for ever) and would just like your thoughts on the paint work, does it scratch easy ? have you fitted the the clear venture sheild to protect it ? do you think it requires it. Most owners I have spoke to at pro twins seem to have this done. I have not done it in the past and have not had any issues with my 998s, 999s and 848 that I have previously owned. I would appreciate any feedback on this point. cheers

Yes the paint does scratch easy, which i pointed out to Ducati who said 'it isn't a warranty issue' WTF !!. I would fit the venture shield stuff if i were you !!
Reply With Quote
  #26  
Old 24-Jul-2012, 11:25 AM
Gizmo 1199's Avatar
Gizmo 1199 Gizmo 1199 is offline
Registered Forum User
 
Posts: 8
Join Date: Jul 2012
Smile venture shield

Quote:
Originally Posted by kingfixer
Yes the paint does scratch easy, which i pointed out to Ducati who said 'it isn't a warranty issue' WTF !!. I would fit the venture shield stuff if i were you !!

Thanks I appreciate the info. Dealer just called 5 mins ago, at last my bike has arrived (can't wait to cane it after running in). I know there are a few reviews on here already but I will leave some feedback on here after I've done a few miles.
Reply With Quote
  #27  
Old 24-Jul-2012, 01:15 PM
kingfixer's Avatar
kingfixer kingfixer is offline
Registered Forum User
 
Posts: 29
Join Date: Dec 2011
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gizmo 1199
Thanks I appreciate the info. Dealer just called 5 mins ago, at last my bike has arrived (can't wait to cane it after running in). I know there are a few reviews on here already but I will leave some feedback on here after I've done a few miles.

ENJOY !!!!
Reply With Quote
  #28  
Old 24-Jul-2012, 09:52 PM
virtualtwit's Avatar
virtualtwit virtualtwit is offline
Registered Forum User
Bikes: 1199 s
 
Posts: 18
Join Date: Jan 2012
First service carried out today (24/07/12) - can start "using" it gradually now !
I have ordered the Ventureshield full kit (yesterday in fact), the art is in the fitting - apparently ?
I will "borrow" some liquid we use at work, (for window filming) stops the adheasive sticking as soon as you apply the covering/allows you to move the sheet into position, then - "iron out" any fluid-air bubbles so there is a invisible finish !
That - gents, is the "theory side" of it ! I will let you know just how well "theory" turns into "practice" ?
Wish me luck !
Reply With Quote
  #29  
Old 01-Aug-2012, 07:40 AM
Gizmo 1199's Avatar
Gizmo 1199 Gizmo 1199 is offline
Registered Forum User
 
Posts: 8
Join Date: Jul 2012
Quote:
Originally Posted by virtualtwit
First service carried out today (24/07/12) - can start "using" it gradually now !
I have ordered the Ventureshield full kit (yesterday in fact), the art is in the fitting - apparently ?
I will "borrow" some liquid we use at work, (for window filming) stops the adheasive sticking as soon as you apply the covering/allows you to move the sheet into position, then - "iron out" any fluid-air bubbles so there is a invisible finish !
That - gents, is the "theory side" of it ! I will let you know just how well "theory" turns into "practice" ?
Wish me luck !

I picked up my bike at the weekend and so far so good, I had the venture sheild full kit fitted before I collected the bike and you have to really look to notice that it is on there. Hopefully this will stop the paint scratching, chipping. Can't wait to finish running it in, don't remember the seat being as hard and slippery as this on the test rides. Apart from the slight niggle of the seat the bike is great, no sign of oil leaks or smoking on start up.
Reply With Quote
  #30  
Old 04-Oct-2012, 01:31 PM
virtualtwit's Avatar
virtualtwit virtualtwit is offline
Registered Forum User
Bikes: 1199 s
 
Posts: 18
Join Date: Jan 2012
Nurburgring 2012

[IMG][/IMG]
[IMG][/IMG]
Reply With Quote
Reply
  
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes
Postbit Selector
Switch to Vertical postbit Use Vertical Postbit

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

vB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off


Recent Posts - Contact Us - DSC Home - Archive - Top
Powered by vBulletin 3.5.4 - Copyright © 2000 - 2018, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd. - © Ducati Sporting Club - All times are GMT +1. The time now is 12:04 AM.