Administrator
Webteam
MotoGP God
Bikes: 748S, HM1100S, V4SP, Was: DD-A #111

Mood: Passion Killer
Exclamation

Quote:
Originally Posted by mattslade
When i put my red key in the eobd light doesn't come on unlike my black keys thus enabling me to start the bike but the display with the red key is exactly the same as with the black key,where im lead to believe it should show a 1 (for first key) and a 30 second countdown. am i missing something?

No, you shouldn't see a "1", as that is only for new instrument panels (clocks) rather than reprogramming keys.

As per below, you will only see the countdown start when you put the first black key in if the clocks are already programmed.

You also must wait at least 30 seconds (give it a few minutes for safety!) BEFORE you put the Red key in to start programming.

Instructions for systems with LCD display:

Note: For instruments with LCD display, the word OFF appearing on the display while programming the immobilizer indicates that programming procedure has been aborted. You will need to begin programming again.
  • Insert the Red key into the key operated switch
  • Turn the switch to "On"
Note: The switch must stay in the "Off" position for at least 30 seconds before it is turned to "On".

Note: For instruments with LCD display, the instrument panel display shows how many keys you have inserted and a countdown from 30 to zero at the side. The number of inserted keys changes depending on the type of programming. When the instrument panel is programmed for the first time from new, a number "1" is displayed. When a key is reprogrammed, the display will show number "2".

Note: When the new instrument panel is used to program a new key, the countdown starts the moment the red key is inserted. When re-programming a key, the countdown begins when the black key is inserted.
  • Make sure countdown has begun, and turn the switch to "Off" before it reaches 0 (you have about 3 seconds to do this).
  • Remove the Red key, insert a Black key and set the switch to "On" within the next 15 seconds (LCD display shows the number of keys inserted, in this instance 2, with the countdown from 30 to 0 at the side).
  • Make sure countdown has begun, and turn the switch to "Off" before it reaches 0.
  • Remove the Black key, insert the other Black key and set the switch to "On" within the next 15 seconds (LCD display shows the number of keys inserted, in this instance 3, with the countdown from 30 to 0 at the side).
  • Make sure countdown has begun, and turn the switch to "Off" before it reaches 0.
  • Remove the Black key, insert the Red key and set the switch to "On" within the next 15 seconds (LCD display shows the number of keys inserted, in this instance 4, with the countdown from 30 to 0 at the side).
  • When countdown is over, the word "On" appears to indicate acknowledgement. The word "Off" means programming failed, and you must start again from the beginning.
Note: The instrument panel LED flashes to indicate successful programming.
  • Wait at least 30 seconds before setting the switch to "On" again.

I'd rather die peacefully in my sleep like my Grandfather,
than screaming in terror like his passengers.- Jim Harkins

Ducati 748S | Ducati Hypermotard 1100S | Ducati Panigale V4 SP #876 | 600-620SS DesmoDue Racebike #111 <-- Sold!!
Old 11-Nov-2013, 19:08

What's happening now is sometimes the new key i got coded at the shop works and sometimes not ie the eobd light is on, ditto the red key this led me to try the original key and that's back to working sometimes, the code is always 37.0 the transponder but doesn't it look more likely its the antenna?. Cheers in advance.