Ducati Sporting Club UK

Old 18-Aug-2005, 12:48
GTL

Mood: going for a ride...
Quote:
Originally posted by Flanks
I fear not sir, I just think your comment could have been phrased better, if not a bit strong, i.e have a bit of consideration to the owner maybe!

why ? he chose to have no consideration for aesthetics when he bolted that abomination onto his bike

it looks like it has fallen out of an ugly tree and hit every branch on the way down
Old 18-Aug-2005, 12:49
BSB Star

Mood: Has change happened...must of missed it!
looks like an early gisxr rear...............
Old 18-Aug-2005, 12:58
BSB Star

Quote:
Originally posted by yellowisfriedegg
Quote:
I fear not sir, I just think your comment could have been phrased better, if not a bit strong, i.e have a bit of consideration to the owner maybe!

why ? he chose to have no consideration for aesthetics when he bolted that abomination onto his bike

it looks like it has fallen out of an ugly tree and hit every branch on the way down

Nevermind. Can't help folk who can't be respectful to others.

[Edited on 18-8-2005 by Flanks]
Old 18-Aug-2005, 13:39
DSC Club Member
BSB Star

Mood: MT Meglomaniac
Quote:
Quote:

And the owner is?

Another DSC member who has worked just as hard as you have to own his ideal bike. So, his ideal is not your ideal - but each to their own, you don't really need to be insulting about other peoples preferences do you?

To play devils advocate, there are plenty of 748/916/996/998 owners on this board who would (and regularly do) apply your comments about "aesthetics and the ugly stick" to your 749R - are they right to do that? Would you be offended if they took a personal approach to letting you know that you had no consideration for auesthetics?

Quote:
The true definition of a gentleman is someone who knows how to play the accordian but chooses not to !

Perhaps the definition of a true gentleman is someone who has a strong opinion of their own but who chooses not to publicly berate somebody with differing views or taste?
Old 18-Aug-2005, 13:55
Big Twin

Quote:
Originally posted by Jools
Perhaps the definition of a true gentleman is someone who has a strong opinion of their own but who chooses not to publicly berate somebody with differing views or taste?

Exactly...can you post a piccie of your bike up Egg so we can **** it off (in our own minds of course...never on a public forum)?

Having seen Broggins bike in the flesh...it looks sweet.
Old 18-Aug-2005, 13:59
GTL

I didn't design my bike , nor have I altered it , you can't blame me..........

...................brogins however , thats all his doing , and it's still ugly.

If I wanted to post a picture of an ugly bike I would post a picture of my 1150GSA not my R

Old 18-Aug-2005, 14:08
Dibble

I have to say the picture on the homepage really does Fabios bike no justice but in the flesh its one of the classiest 749/999 bikes out there ..... I like it ....
Old 18-Aug-2005, 14:19
BSB Star

Mood: Soon my pet, soon
Brogins top fella, he's a funny funny guy, and his bike is his pride and joy, whether you like it or not you're not doing yourself any favour's YIFE with the statement you made.

Subtle and PC spring to my mind.....
Old 18-Aug-2005, 14:21
BSB Star

Mood: the rain in spain falls mainly on me!
im not fussed either way but i dont know what being PC has to do with this thread.
Old 18-Aug-2005, 14:54
GTL

Quote:
Originally posted by JPM
Brogins top fella, he's a funny funny guy, and his bike is his pride and joy, whether you like it or not you're not doing yourself any favour's YIFE with the statement you made.

Subtle and PC spring to my mind.....

Speaking as someone who thinks nothing of driving his car into his bird what would you know about subtle ?

The original statement was meant as half **** take / half opinion (I take it I'm allowed an opinion am I ? ) but some of you here are taking yourselves far too seriously , lighten up , the sense of humour bypass seems to have been a complete success