Ducati Sporting Club UK

Old 05-Feb-2004, 17:38
Big Twin

Thats the crunch question really Jools. The deal on offer from Tyr Sox sounds great...but I get the feeling they have to declare how much the package is worth when its sentand some form of Tax is due on its value. As you say...if its more than a few quid a set...it won't be worth it!

I'm trying to find out now exactly how it works...ANY IDEAS ANYONE?
Old 05-Feb-2004, 18:15
Mille

Having carried out some research it appears that we will be liable for import duty and VAT on goods supplied from the USA.

If the TARIC code I used is correct (8714190000) then duty will be applied at 3.7% plus good old VAT at 17.5%

Total cost of the Tyr Sox would therefore be approx £175 per unit.

Performance Motorcycle Parts are willing to sell 8 sets of Diasec warmers at £142 each, delivered. (£158 is their current list price not the £175 quoted on their website).
Old 05-Feb-2004, 18:38
Big Twin

I've come to the same conclusion myself (after some advice from a few others).

It looks like the UK option is the way forward. Not only will they be around the same price, but if anything goes wrong with them...getting spares etc will be a whole load easier.

I've just had a look at their site, and it looks like that quote is for the 'standard type'. They have knocked 10% off their list price you mention. I assume they would charge about £175 for their Ducati 'heat shield' type...so with 10% off that...say £160.

What would people prefer £145 ish for standard or £160 ish with heat shield?

What do the interested parties think about it in general? Too much or OK? As Felix says...its a shame we weren't doing this a few months ago when they were 15% cheaper still

[Edited on 5-2-2004 by Harv748]
Old 05-Feb-2004, 19:09
Big Twin

There's a simple way for getting round the charges, it's worked everytime for me so far....

Just get the sender to write "warranty replacement" or similar et voila! no charges

Thats how I got the PC3 so cheap
Old 06-Feb-2004, 09:49
BSB Star

Mood: the rain in spain falls mainly on me!
i'd personally be happy to go for diasec ones. can we get a definitive number that want them and then see if we can wring a bit more out of them maybe 140 per set? then i guess we can just call up individually and order???
Old 06-Feb-2004, 10:29
Big Twin

You've got u2u Dickie...we are currently in 'negotiation'...be patient guys...findings will be posted asap.
Old 06-Feb-2004, 13:30
Mille

Harv and everyone else,

Dave Wood (as in BSB Dave Wood) can lay his hands on several sets of Chicken Hawk warmers maybe as many as 8. £150 per set. 01296 336750.

Cheapest I've seen Tyr Sox elsewhere retail in the UK is £270.

Those warranty replacements sound interesting
Old 06-Feb-2004, 13:44
Big Twin

Quote:
Originally posted by uncledunnie

Cheapest I've seen Tyr Sox elsewhere retail in the UK is £270.

Those warranty replacements sound interesting

Yep, and it works everytime! As they are "warranty replacements" , its assumed that the duty and VAT were paid previously

10 U.S. purchases so far (not counting a couple cos the f-ing muppets didnt write it), and havent paid anything

I hope theres no I.R./government scum on here!
Old 15-Feb-2004, 13:28
Big Twin

Mood: Channel Swim is now a (bad) memory not a dream
Anything happenning with this...I'm going to buy at the end of the month when my bank balance momentarily goes into credit.

Motrax and Diamond both for £150 in MCN this week...thermo and lcd...seen then used and they look sound. (if you can see sound).

WeeJohnyB
Old 15-Feb-2004, 15:02
Ducati Corse

Mood: Tad more confident
WJB I have the motrax ones £130 last year. Work fine except for the fact that they run a bit hot imo not thermostatically
controlled. Because they are nylon covered unless protected will melt on the zorsts. I'm looking for new now which have a heat guard or the material can cope with the heat. There is no idicator light to tell you they are working.