Ducati Sporting Club UK

Old 22-Apr-2009, 16:03
Big Twin

Mood: Happy.
Question Akrapovic full Evo 2 Exhaust System

For quite sometime, well in fact since the Akra system became available I've really fancied treating myself to the full Akrapovic Evo 2 Exhaust System. The quality, the welding is second to none and the exhaust note awesome, not to menton the power increase.

Where is the best or cheapest place to buy?
Do Db Killers come as standard?
What is the best ECU to use with the above
Lastly, is a PC3/5 needed?

Cheers,

Richard.
Old 22-Apr-2009, 17:37
MotoGP God
Bikes: 848, M620 DD bike

Mood: waiting...
there is a guy in ducatistis who I think is selling a full system, not sure if termi or akro
Old 22-Apr-2009, 19:02
Big Twin

Having had both the Termi and Akrapovic full systems I know what works and what doesnt.

Like you said the quality of the Akra is fantastic, puts the Termi to shame, BUT, I always associate Termi with Ducati and for the price you get the correct ecu included with the kit and it still works out cheaper than the Akra.

When fitting the Akra full system if you use the satndard ecu you will get 2 warning lights/faults showing. One for the o2 sensors and one for the exhaust servo motor.

I ran my Akra with the Termi Race ecu and it stops any fault codes and is a better map than the standard ecu.These can be picked up occasionally second hand, a new one is about £900 !!!

When I got my Akra it retailed for £2300, they will no doubt have gone up since then. They were cheaper from the USA, you have to shop around.

Fitting a PC3 makes another difference, I have maps for both the Termi full system and a separate cylinder map made especially for the Akras. The PC3 smooths out the dip at around 4000rpm and the air/fuel ratio is much more accurate.
Old 25-Apr-2009, 09:02
Ducati Meccanica
Bikes: Ducati 1098R Bayliss Rep

Mood: Find people who share your values, and you'll conquer the world together.
I have Akras on my 1098R Bayliss, using the race ECU and i love em, am thinking of getting a Nemisis ECU later in the year, Mine came with DB killers but i did hear a few people who said theirs did not, so i can not say for certain that they all come with them.