Ducati Sporting Club UK

Old 01-Jun-2004, 22:48
Mille

Get the 749r!

iv got the r after testriding the s and im glad i choose the r, all round in every area the r is better the engine revs so much quicker with the titainium bits in it, really good in the twistys the way it spins up from corner to corner. the brakes are spot on 4 the bike great feel and stopping power, the r is very light on its feet compaired to the s due to the lighter wheels and disc,s it turns in so much qiucker and very precise. its my 1st bike with ohlins and thay are worth the extra dosh on there own u just seem to float along the road and thay just soak up the bumps no props, i really cant fault the bike 4 anything it really is the muts nuts and i just cant stay off the thing if u can afford the r then get one u wont be dissapointed.
Old 01-Jun-2004, 22:49
WSB Hero

Mood: www.cantbearsed.co.uk
Pics?
Old 02-Jun-2004, 09:26
GTL

Mood: going for a ride...
Here's mine :
Old 02-Jun-2004, 11:03
WSB Hero

Mood: www.cantbearsed.co.uk
So how does it ride?
Are you happy with it?
Do you wish you'd bought the upgrade Supersports kit?
Or can this be easily fitted afterwards?
Old 02-Jun-2004, 11:22
GTL

Mood: going for a ride...
Quote:
Originally posted by Rattler
So how does it ride?
Are you happy with it?
Do you wish you'd bought the upgrade Supersports kit?
Or can this be easily fitted afterwards?

On the road the bike is great , what bumps ?

I did a track evening at Knockhill last week and found my cable tie on the forks was getting alarmingly low on the slider , I left things as they were though until I got home and could consult the MCN set up guide I still have for the 999S

I think the forks on the R are the same as the 999R except for the brake carriers so I set them up as per Bruce Dunns settings which had been pretty good on the 999S

I went for a spirited road ride and when I got back the cable tie was much higher up the slider than before so now I know I am going in the right direction , I will adjust more next time I go to the track.

The rear was just about perfect after the track evening with the rear tyre just marking up slightly showing it was working hard but not moving about too much , I will leave that as standard for now.

I am very happy with the bike overall , it just has so many little extras that you keep finding , well worth the money.

The race kit is something like £4k and I don't think it's available in the UK at the moment unless you are called Hacket or Bird , for the road , which is 99% of my riding I don't think I need it , the bike is plenty fast enough for me.

I have fitted a Termi assymetric system from a 999S to the bike and it's running fine with the standard ECU (I know of at least 4 other people running this set up) so now it makes the right noises too , all in I'm a very happy bunny
Old 14-Jun-2004, 11:22
Mille

Well i have just px my 999 for a 749r this was after a lot of soul searching - was it worth the extra dosh - will i miss the power of the larger engine.Time will tell as i dont pick the bike up until Friday.I know its too late but has any one gone from the basic 999 to the 749r and if so what do you think?
I'm sure i will be pleased but as always appreciate the views of the DSC membership.
Old 18-Jun-2004, 17:36
Bevel Head

Mood: Slinky
Well Well whats it like !