Ducati Sporting Club UK

Old 04-Jun-2004, 12:52

Just a couple of points to add to the mix:

A lower-priced production version WILL be released, in a much lower state of tune, without all the magnesium and sand-cast engine parts, for about £15-20k. For this reason, the bike's looks have to be right. It's no good tooling for a production run on a bike nobody likes (they learned that from the stock 999). So you can be sure they'll work hard to make the bike look stunning.

Further to that, because they're still working on the bike's design, they're listening to ideas. If you don't like the looks of the race bike and have ideas on how to improve them, EMAIL Ducati and tell them. The beauty of a small company is that you can often get through to the people that matter (I've had personal replies from Federico Minoli before). If just 10 people from this board emailed with an opinion, that's already 3% of potential buyers for the first production run. Bottom line -- if you're thinking of one -- email them and let them know what you want to see (then try and work out how to afford it! lol)

Wonder how many of us will have remortgaged the wife and pimped out the house by 2006..!

[Edited on 4-6-2004 by robracenut]
Old 19-Jun-2004, 02:24

rr

Quote:
Originally posted by robracenut
So we know what it is now -- MotoGP missile rep with likely 170kg weight and 200bhp. Was wondering how many of you are thinking of saving up/remortgaging the house etc?

The first year's production will probably be sold out soon -- there are already about 20 orders for the UK alone -- anybody here gonna take the plunge and get an order in? Or are you all waiting for the standard production version to follow?

Does anybody here NOT want the bike?

i want one. but what engine will i get the new or the old?
are they going to sell real ducati sound or rise sound?

Rob
Old 19-Jun-2004, 02:42
Ducati Meccanica

Mood: st2......we can rebuild
i dont rekon im pushing the st to full potentiall, so nope me niether
Old 19-Jun-2004, 23:19
Mille

Mood: The medication helps!
You must be joking