Ducati Sporting Club UK
Race
MotoGP / WSB / BSB / Local racing.
*** WARNING*** May contain race results!!

Old 02-Dec-2004, 17:09
Bevel Head

Mood: Slinky
Weeksy,

I supprized at you !That a fellow Ducatist like us all would **** off the same product that we all enjoy to ride on the road or on the track!

I would also have to say that 'non competitive' 749R from JHP that you refer too is a little harsh when the facts have not been taken into account !
Putting aside the fact of a brand new team into SuperSport with very little help from the Boys in Bolonga also Stuart having a short season in 2004.

If anybody would like to checked the speed trap times at Cadwell Park for 2004 you will find out that Matt and Stuart 145.8/145.5mph where as the closest rival was over 1/2 sec slowler.

Watch this space! 2005 looks a promissing year for JHP Coventry..

Ferrari Pete
Old 02-Dec-2004, 17:36
500SD

Mood: DOH!
I'm with these guys, theres no way the 749 is uncompetitive, top 3 easy!
Old 02-Dec-2004, 18:15
Ducati Corse

Mood: R U thinking what I'm thinking?......Oh dear!
Mr W is a fully paid up rice burner at the mo'

Based on this year in WSS where tyres are not a variable factor Lanzi didn't need to send his name to the man that engraves the trophies.

In British supersport if a 749r can get a tyre advantage then it might be a different story for 2005. Stuart won on a 748r but the rice burners have come on in leaps and bounds since then.

At least Ducati could still Win in WSB.

Don't let brand loyalty cloud yer Judgement.

Ray.
Old 03-Dec-2004, 09:16
Big Twin

Mood: Sans moto
Looking at it another way, they 749 was in it's developement year in 2004, and still got some very decent results in the the most competitive of classes. The French SS championship was won by a 749. For 2005 they have data for all the tracks and another winter of developement. It was plenty fast enough last year and a little more work sorting the chassis will turn it into a true title contender. Also Stuart Easton will be hungry this year - he has a point to prove. And in BSS the best rider has left the class.

Stuart Easton BSS champion 2005
Old 03-Dec-2004, 09:39
500SD

Mood: Happy as Larry!!!
A little bird at JHP told me that the 749R is produced 145BHP,now that's not bad for a 750 twin!
Perhaps our donut money is safe eh Steve!!
Old 03-Dec-2004, 10:49
Big Twin

Quote:
Originally posted by baylissboy
A little bird at JHP told me that the 749R is produced 145BHP,now that's not bad for a 750 twin!
Perhaps our donut money is safe eh Steve!!

Fear not, the 749 WILL do the business next year the donut fund is safe.
Old 03-Dec-2004, 11:34
Big Twin

Steve you obviously don't realise how much a part of a BSB meeting donuts are for me and BB.

No seriously, I think the only thing the 749 needs is a slight improvement in the chassis or suspension somewhere and it's not much of an improvement that's needed, remember at this level a very small change can make the difference between first and fifth. As the power is already there then most of the effort will have been put into the handling.

As for Ducati domination in any class, I don't really like to see it. I would much prefer to see the Ducati's battling for positions with lots of other makes, it's what makes racing truly interesting as well as exiting and the reason why I'm looking forward to next years SS championship so much. I'f there are 3 or 4 makes going for race wins and Ducati is one of them, then that'll do me. I suppose I support Ducati just like a football fan supports their team - you have to have faith. Either way it's looking another cracking season.

Did you see Alan Cathcart's test in Racer? He seems to think they could do it this year.
Old 03-Dec-2004, 13:52
500SD

Mood: Happy as Larry!!!
Come on Steve... i expect better from you than banal banter about Donughts..
Come on Mr W,there's no need for that!
Surely rider choice is important too,Karl Harris was a little above the rest of the riders in the class,he's now moved to BSB so that's him out of thr equasion!
With all due respect,Matt L is a little past his sell by date,Laverty hadn't ridden a twin before & Stuart only came in late in the season!
JHP now have a seasons data to use & now have an qualified Ducati pilot on board from the off,i think Stuart & the 749R will do better than you think!
Old 03-Dec-2004, 14:14
Big Twin

BB - I'm sure Weeksy said that with tongue firmly in cheek, he likes a bit of mickey taking mixed in with the banter as much as we do. It's just going to be hard for him to watch those buzzy GXS600R's getting whupped by that Testastretta engine!!!

But hey - me old matey is supporting me - arr, he's a good lad that BB.

Old 30-Mar-2005, 16:11
Big Twin

Quote:
Originally posted by weeksy
Quote:
Originally posted by STEVE M
Looking at it another way, they 749 was in it's developement year in 2004, and still got some very decent results in the the most competitive of classes. The French SS championship was won by a 749. For 2005 they have data for all the tracks and another winter of developement. It was plenty fast enough last year and a little more work sorting the chassis will turn it into a true title contender. Also Stuart Easton will be hungry this year - he has a point to prove. And in BSS the best rider has left the class.

Stuart Easton BSS champion 2005

take the rose tinted glasses off fella.... the 600rr was equally in development as much as the 749r....

As for the best rider leaving the class.... hmmmm tell that to the Ex GP stars....

They are all equally hungry mate, none more than Sykes and Jones, who are looking for WSS rides, the two former GP stars at Padgets who want the respect they feel they deserve, or the Kwak superstar of Pere Riba, former BIG racer winner....(on the development Kwak )

Every other team has all the data from the year before, all the other teams have winter development... LOL.

Mate, i'm not saying it CAN'T be good... but come on.... lets keep a little perspective on it......

please ?

ok it didn't win, but it was hardly outclassed either. Keep that tenner handy Weeksy

Postbit Selector
Switch to Vertical postbit Use Vertical Postbit