Ducati Sporting Club UK

Old 02-Apr-2005, 23:35
Big Twin

Mood: is it the weekend yet??
Removing side fairing

OK, I'm now about to ask the newbie idiot question but after 2 hours of double jointed allen key gymnastics can some one please put me out of my misery and tell me how I'm meant to get to the allen bolt holding the side fairing to the nose cone on me 999S so i can take left side fairing off.
Old 02-Apr-2005, 23:47
500SD

Mood: Out with the grey....in with the satin black
All the allen key fasteners (Ithink there are 5??) are easily accessible. Once you've undone them, you have to pull the fairing away from the nosecone (there's a lug on the fairing panel that is fixed into a rubber bung on the nosecone).
Old 02-Apr-2005, 23:48
GTL

The one at the front is a dzeus fastener with allen screw head so just half a turn should undo it and then just pull the fairing as there is a post into a rubber grommet in the nose fairing
Old 03-Apr-2005, 00:11
Big Twin

Well, after sitting down and RTFM its clear as mud. According to book there are 2 allen bolt fastners connecting side fairing to nose cone but I can only find one and I think as has been suggested all thats holding it on is the rubber mount. Next step is a quick tug on the fairing and an expensive crack i guess

On my bike two dzus fastners hold top of side panel, one dzuz fastner holds rear behind stand, 2 bolts on under side hold fairing halfs together and 1 possibly 2 hold the side to nose cone. Manuel suggests theres a total of 9 fastners, aaggh
Old 03-Apr-2005, 00:20
BSB Star

Mood: Has change happened...must of missed it!
ok mate, Have the bike up on a swing arm stand first.

Undo and remove the two szus that are near where your kness are when your on the bike.

With an allen key undo the two allen screws that are underneath on the bottom of the fairings joining the two sides together.

With that same allen key, half a turn on the allen headed dzus near to the side stand, and then half a turn on the allen headed dzus near to the front nose.

Now, put your thumb on the nose at the joint with the fairing and grip the top most corner of the fairing with the rest of your hand. ... and feel the two come apart. You will need the stand down to remove the panel completely.

Simple innit................
Old 03-Apr-2005, 00:20
500SD

Mood: Out with the grey....in with the satin black
Quote:
Originally posted by Gizmo
Well, after sitting down and RTFM its clear as mud. According to book there are 2 allen bolt fastners connecting side fairing to nose cone but I can only find one and I think as has been suggested all thats holding it on is the rubber mount. Next step is a quick tug on the fairing and an expensive crack i guess

On my bike two dzus fastners hold top of side panel, one dzuz fastner holds rear behind stand, 2 bolts on under side hold fairing halfs together and 1 possibly 2 hold the side to nose cone. Manuel suggests theres a total of 9 fastners, aaggh

Total of 9 fasteners must be to remove both side fairing panels.

Side fairing to nosecone fixing should be one fastener + lug each side.
Old 03-Apr-2005, 00:41
GTL

Total of 10 fasteners- on late bikes as the earlier bikes only had one srew holding the panels together underneath now there is two
Old 03-Apr-2005, 08:52
Big Twin

9 (or 10) is for both sides and its a late bke so total is 10, sorted, thanks.