Ducati Sporting Club UK
DesmoDue - General Questions and Chat
Discussions on the race series devised and supported by the DSC.

Old 05-Oct-2009, 11:27
MotoGP God

Mood: Its ONLY a Bike Club
Congratulation to Sam West the 2009 Class B Champion

Just like to say well done to Sam West on becoming the 2009 Class B champion
After returning to form after breaking his leg last year and wining countless races and setting several new lap records along the way

Well done Sam a worthy Champion

Checkout the Desmo Due Paddock on Facebook
Old 05-Oct-2009, 12:39
Big Twin

Well done Sam and thanks to Mum for the walking stick alterations and advise.
Bought a new rubber end this morning
Old 05-Oct-2009, 13:09
MotoGP God

Mood: 749 racebike MGP
Well done and congratulations Sam
Old 05-Oct-2009, 14:47
DSC Club Member
Big Twin
Bikes: Ducati 749, Phil Read Replica, DD 620

Mood: 2011 DD Class 'B' Champion
Well deserved Sam, do the double for next year.
Old 05-Oct-2009, 14:50
Big Twin

Mood: If you ain't first, you're last!
Nice one Sam, told you I had you down for the title when we were at Anglesey.

Sure tried hard to lose it though!

Well done mate.
Old 05-Oct-2009, 15:58
will

Well done mate, class A next year?
Old 05-Oct-2009, 20:47
Bikes: Desmodue b, 1098s

Thanks EVERYONE

After a season of getting nowhere near the podium and an unpleasant off at snetterton in 2008, I should by all rights have decided to forget about racing in 09.
Somehow the thought never occured to me so I carried on blindly and now after two years of riding my arse off and more conflicting advice than Gordon could shake his stick at I ended up winning the class b championship at the last round, Cadwell Park.

Ive had some fantastic races against quality riders but thats been just a part of the whole DesmoDue experience.
I could never have imagined such a great atmosphere in a paddock of people who are supposed to be rivals, and I genuinely cant think of a better way I could have started racing.
So many people have helped me when Ive been stuck I cant even remember them all, but what really sticks in my head is the willingness of people to give up their own ride to help others. Im not going to try and mention everyone thats helped (i cant think of anyone who hasnt?), plus Chaz already got awarded a prize for being everyones DD all-round bitch so he shouldnt need more thanks on here for letting me ride/crash his bike this season.

Although it looks like I may not be racing in DD next year the prospect of another Assen trip is too tempting to sell all the bikes (plug go unnoticed..?)

And of course,
Huge thanks to my parents who bought the bikes and have spent their entire time running around sorting things for me while I spend my time concentrating on really hard engineering work in the library at uni and not going to the pub even once..

Thanks everyone, its been a great year
Old 05-Oct-2009, 21:27
DSC Club Member
Big Twin
Bikes: Ducati 749, Phil Read Replica, DD 620

Mood: 2011 DD Class 'B' Champion
Quote:
Originally Posted by SixtyTwo
After a season of getting nowhere near the podium and an unpleasant off at snetterton in 2008, I should by all rights have decided to forget about racing in 09.
Somehow the thought never occured to me so I carried on blindly and now after two years of riding my arse off and more conflicting advice than Gordon could shake his stick at I ended up winning the class b championship at the last round, Cadwell Park.

Ive had some fantastic races against quality riders but thats been just a part of the whole DesmoDue experience.
I could never have imagined such a great atmosphere in a paddock of people who are supposed to be rivals, and I genuinely cant think of a better way I could have started racing.
So many people have helped me when Ive been stuck I cant even remember them all, but what really sticks in my head is the willingness of people to give up their own ride to help others. Im not going to try and mention everyone thats helped (i cant think of anyone who hasnt?), plus Chaz already got awarded a prize for being everyones DD all-round bitch so he shouldnt need more thanks on here for letting me ride/crash his bike this season.

Although it looks like I may not be racing in DD next year the prospect of another Assen trip is too tempting to sell all the bikes (plug go unnoticed..?)

And of course,
Huge thanks to my parents who bought the bikes and have spent their entire time running around sorting things for me while I spend my time concentrating on really hard engineering work in the library at uni and not going to the pub even once..

Thanks everyone, its been a great year

We shall fix that whilst you are in Coventry Sam.
Old 05-Oct-2009, 22:33
500SD

nice one Sam, very well deserved
Old 06-Oct-2009, 14:01
Ducati Meccanica
Bikes: 916 Senna, 748RS Corse, 1098s Race

Mood: walking on sunshine.....
Give that man a man bag ' gucci ' class and let him really go for it!!

Top work Sam, well done.