Ducati Sporting Club UK

Old 15-Jun-2004, 11:53
Mille

Mood: In danger of scaring myself
Ventura Luggage Kit

Taking the bike on a long tour in August through Europe. Have used this system to great effect on my 748 and 998 in the past. I recently ordered it for my 999. The kit is comprised of two L shaped brackets that bolt at their front ends to the rear bolt of each respective pillion footrest (they also do a monoposto version in case you were wondering with naturally different brackets) and at their other end bolt to a U shaped bracket (that sits atop the rear silencer and mounts to the rear bodywork mounting points) to provide a rigid mount for the pack rack itself, (which is meant to be removable, leaving just the brackets on the bike) on which FINALLY !! you strap the luggage pack. Sounds complex but it is sooo simple to use. However heres the prob: With the termi system fitted, it seems as if the rear rack mounting bracket they supply will foul the termi carbon end can cover. Does anyone else have experience of this system and fitting it to this model. I have the instructions and it is as with all their stuff a well thought out bit of equipment and leaves you free to ride the bike and not be crippled by a huge rucksack, but this system though pupose made for this model was shown fitted to a Bip with the standard end can on and the OE heat cover. Worst case is I will have to remove the carbon heat shield. Worried that in doing so it will allow too much heat through to the bodywork, over which will be perched my other half !!
Old 16-Jun-2004, 22:20
Montjuic

Mood: got yella fever!
i had the same problem. with a bit of bending the bracket and washers on the foot peg bolt holders, i got it to fit you also hav to cut down the bolts that fit to the rear fairing frame mounts. i went to wdw04 like this it was ok. it mark the carbon sheild under the seat but u can not see it. hope this helps niggs
Old 16-Jun-2004, 22:41
Ducati Corse

Mood: Bloo and Yellow.. and Red now ;)
I'd get in touch with Ventura and discuss the problem. With their rep' I'd guess they'd be pretty interested in ironing out a problem like this with such a new piece of kit????
Old 22-Jun-2004, 09:23
GTL

Mood: going for a ride...
I have just fitted a Ventura system to my 749R (posted elsewhere) , the rails are clear of the bodywork and the carbon exhaust cover once everything is centralised and tightened up , loosen everything off and try adjusting things slightly (give 'em a tug) and then retighten , this may help
Old 24-Jun-2004, 12:05
Mille

Thanks for the info, I will certainly give it a go.
Old 05-Jul-2004, 18:12
Mille

Well I finally managed to get around to fitting the kit, however the bracket that bolts to the subframe at the rear of the bike has had the two holes (on the underside of which have been welded two captive nuts) drilled too close together and will not line up with the corresponding holes on the subframe. I have had to take it down to a local engineering shop and have a small fillet welded into the centre of the bracket to "space" the holes apart the correct distance. Not very impressed that I should have to do this on kit that cost this much !!!
Old 05-Jul-2004, 19:20
Big Twin

Mood: Train comes and I know its destination
Just fitted mine to my 999S(BP). The holes on the bracket didn't quite match up to the sub frame holes - missed it by about a mm - and I won't tell you what I did to make it fit. Also, the supplied bolts that fit to the bracket, if tightened, definitely foul the standard end can cover, so I inserted a couple of extra washers to space it out.
It was all a bit stressful, considering how much the kit costs.