Ducati Sporting Club UK

Old 07-Jul-2005, 23:43
Ducati Corse

Mood: Tad more confident
Quote:
Originally posted by DIBBLE
<b>[Censored]</b> off .... its a typical "look at me, i spoke to someone important and its all a secret" post .....

next he'll be on the DD management team ....

Stop it you two, can't you behave yourself
Old 07-Jul-2005, 23:43
WSB Hero

Mood: www.cantbearsed.co.uk
£89 for 5 x 20 min sessions is great I reckon. - enjoy!!
Old 14-Jul-2005, 15:09
500SD

Mood: Out with the grey....in with the satin black
Quote:
Originally posted by Rattler
£89 for 5 x 20 min sessions is great I reckon. - enjoy!!

Weather looks good (for now) too:-

http://uk.weather.com/weather/local/...&code=code&y=3
Old 14-Jul-2005, 19:50
WSB Hero

Just got back from a PACE day today at Brands - weather was damn hot!!!

Will post a longer message later as I was doing a "yellow" course and getting some instruction.

Tim
Old 14-Jul-2005, 22:52
Big Twin

Quote:
Will post a longer message later as I was doing a "yellow" course and getting some instruction.

Tim

YELLOW (Racing Skills) This looks at the needs of those racing and those considering it. This is a one day course followed by an optional track day for practice. With only two students per instructor the training is very intensive and every move you make on circuit is recorded by digital video, this system allows your coach to spend twenty five minutes with you after each and every track session giving you a visual run down on both your strengths and weaknesses. Practice sessions without your coach are available as well as practice grid starts and practical advice on suspension, tyres, crash repairs and tuning. Completion of this course will ensure you have a comprehensive knowledge of motorcycles and motorcycle racing.

it will be intersesting to hear about your experiance, and whether you think it has provided you with what it states it offers, most importantly was it value for money?
Old 14-Jul-2005, 23:27
WSB Hero

Well I'm too knackered to give a full report - but it wasn't exactly as you described, but I didn't think it would be that either, as I hadn't read that info anywhere.

It was a one day course with two students to one instructor, with intensive training and video recording and analysis. There wasn't any practice grid starts or info on susp, tuning, crash repairs etc, but as stated above I wasn't expecting it to be.

But it was a great experience - I will post more info later, but safe to say if you're looking for some bespoke instruction from racers, its well worth attending.

Tim
Old 15-Jul-2005, 08:43
Big Twin

Quote:
Well I'm too knackered to give a full report - but it wasn't exactly as you described, but I didn't think it would be that either, as I hadn't read that info anywhere.

from ESS website
Old 19-Jul-2005, 21:57
Big Twin

first session was a bit cramped lots of overtaking req some guys had booked themselves in thje fast group and i was lapping em twice in a the session cant be right coz i ant no racer, sorted out better for the second session grided in order of lap times, got away of but i like to get faster progressivly and buy this yime had been overtaken by one bike, who a lap or so later was getting in the way going into the corners. i tried to get the slingshot on him outa clearways and found an almighty slide went into a tank slapper and hey ho hello tyrewall. a few cartwheels later a short rest inthe gravel.

credit to the marshalls and medic very prompt and appropriate, their experiance clearly evident in dealing with the situation.

overall learning points, "you must run wider exiting clearways" & "why dont you wait and outbrake the bu99er into druids"& "ask how many bikes the track day organiser is running in the groups"

all said a reasonably well run day by ess. id be willing to pay more £ for smaller groups, but hey this was only £89, so no complaints.

result
a very sore Bungi and some serious crash repairs.
Old 19-Jul-2005, 22:04
Dibble

hope u are ok mate ...
Old 19-Jul-2005, 22:06
WSB Hero

Bugga!!!