Ducati Sporting Club UK
DesmoDue - General Questions and Chat
Discussions on the race series devised and supported by the DSC.

Old 20-Sep-2013, 18:15
Montjuic
Bikes: DesmoDue Class A 620ss

Another potential newbie thread

Ok so ive been wanting to do DesmoDue for a few years but things have got in the way.

The thing that makes it a question for me is.....ive never even been on a trackday before with my bike. Would i be mental to prepare to do desmodue in 2014???

Cheers for the advice.

Andy Mack
Old 20-Sep-2013, 21:59
DSC Club Member
500SD
Bikes: Badger DD A #50, Multistrada 1200s, Aprilia Tuono 1100rr

Mood: More chilled than a polar bear's d**k
I did 2 before my first race.
Barring this year's Mallory debacle we always have a track day the Friday before a race weekend. It would be wise to do 1 or 2, you could defo do with being the quickest in a slow group an be able to hold your own with the inters, even on our bikes (straight line speed is p*ss poor!). But saying that there are always people at every pace to dice with.
Do your ACU license in Jan as they run for calendar years.
Have you been to a meet or can you get to Mallory in 2 weeks?

It's not the size of the dog in the fight that matters, but the size of the fight in the dog.
Scott #50
Old 20-Sep-2013, 22:09
Montjuic
Bikes: DesmoDue Class A 620ss

yeah im sure i could make it to Mallory park.
Old 20-Sep-2013, 23:22
MotoGP God

Mood: Its ONLY a Bike Club
I can't see it being to much of a problem, although a test day (trackday) or two between now and the start of next season wouldn't be a bad idea

When I started racing back in the 90s I went out and bought myself a well used 5 year old CBR600FM race bike, did one training day then I was racing in Formula 600 with NGRRC sharing the grid with Manx GP winners and regular MCRCB racers.

Checkout the Desmo Due Paddock on Facebook
Old 21-Sep-2013, 09:18
Mille
Bikes: Class B 600ss #99

I've only ever done trackdays at cadwell and probably only done 10 collectively ever over the last four years since not owning a road bike and fancied a go at DD so I enterd my 1st race weekend the cadwell round in July to see how it went. And loved it and I didn't even come last. I will b doing mallory in a couple of weeks and had never been there before so i did a test day there a few weeks ago just to see which way it went. so we will see how I get on there. So from a track novices point of view with little track time I'd say book a track day somewhere and see how u get on. If its your 1st ever track day book in novice then if u find you are going past a few people try moving up to inters in the afternoon and see if you are still passing people. Also if u can somehow time yourself u could find out what lap times are being done in Races. And if your not to far off you will be fine.
Old 21-Sep-2013, 09:57
Big Twin

Deffo do a couple of TD's IMO. What ever your level of skill is racing can still be a shock. If possible try to do one where a DD'er is going to be there. I will be racing at Mallory next Sunday with TSGB if you are close and fancy a chat/brew.

Neil #70
Old 21-Sep-2013, 10:21
Bikes: gsx750f

Mood: Happy as a pig in s#@t
I'm the same as you im racing in class b my first track day will be cadwell on 28th october I'll be at mallory with team ghost 61
Old 21-Sep-2013, 11:07
Mille
Bikes: DD class B, Street Triple, Tiger 1050

Quote:
Originally Posted by wilco1975
I'm the same as you im racing in class b my first track day will be cadwell on 28th october I'll be at mallory with team ghost 61

Admittedly I did quite a lot of track days before I when racing, wish I had done it sooner Same as everyone else do a couple of TDs then come racing, best giggle you will ever have. Best race series to join for being friendly and helping each other out as well, as Nike says JUST DO IT
Old 21-Sep-2013, 13:07
Big Twin

No Limits are doing ACU courses at the following. They usually include half a TD as well.

ACU 2013 Course details
16th September - Cadwell
15th October - Donington
2nd November - Oulton
15th December - Rockingham
Old 21-Sep-2013, 14:40
DSC Club Member
Mille
Bikes: 620SS Desmo Due 800SS Minitwin 1000SS Monster 750

Mood: Inquisitive cat
Get your ACU licence and join in on rhe test days before the races ..
Give you an idea of the pace .. meet some peeps
And if you feel ready to make the leap you can usually pay on the day to race and if not .. you can watch the racing