Ducati Sporting Club UK
DesmoDue - General Questions and Chat
Discussions on the race series devised and supported by the DSC.

Old 25-Jun-2012, 09:57
MotoGP God
Bikes: 848, M620 DD bike

Mood: waiting...
it's never the simple Simon....
Old 25-Jun-2012, 23:48
Mille
Bikes: 900ss 600ss xr400

that's the sspirit

Quote:
Originally Posted by badgerpilot
Think youre thinking of Tic Tacs Phil, dementia is a pain at times!

The tactics of DD are simple, if it's wet:- do you race or not, if you race then how hard do you push? If you don't then do you have a brew or a beer?

These were the rules when we all signed up so why do we have this conversation every year?

I know let's have wets, hang on, why not have a wet bike and a dry bike. That would save the wheel swapping issue!

Another brain wave has just hit me, let's use 1098s with traction control instead? That would make cornering in the wet safer wouldn't it?

While we're at it lets make it compulsary to have a 90ft Winnebago so we don't have cosy sleep problems either?

This only leaves 1 snag, how do justify calling it budget racing?

DD is probably the quirkiest series out there because of its rules and the great people who take part in it, I've had 3yrs of brilliant fun and wouldn't want it to change at all.
x3!!
Old 08-Jul-2012, 15:20
Big Twin

Incase you where wondering?

In prep for DSC trackday tomoz I timed myself changing the wheels on Toni's monster.
Tools and stands laid out ready and not rushing it took me 8m and 2s, is that about the length of the 3 tanoy calls
Old 09-Jul-2012, 10:02
MotoGP God

Mood: Its ONLY a Bike Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by dunlop0_1
Incase you where wondering?

In prep for DSC trackday tomoz I timed myself changing the wheels on Toni's monster.
Tools and stands laid out ready and not rushing it took me 8m and 2s, is that about the length of the 3 tanoy calls

Is that single or twin disc front end Neil

NGRRCs Final round of 2010 at Silverstone the Open class lined up on the grid when the heavens opened and the Race was then declared wet. The riders were given 10 minutes to change their tyres and return to the grid, this included getting back to the pits with the bikes on slicks and the track wets.
If it took 8 minutes to change the wheels that would leave 1 minutes to get off the grid and return to the pits and another minute to get back to the grid from the pits.
Only half the grid made it, our tyre change took around 4 minutes so it wasn't a problem as we had one person doing the front wheel (Me) and another person doing the rear, could have been a bit quicker if it was single disc, but I wouldn't recommend that setup on a Ex Jentin Racing R1

I like Scott's take on it so +1 more to that

Checkout the Desmo Due Paddock on Facebook
Old 09-Jul-2012, 14:22
DSC Club Member
Mille
Bikes: 620SS Desmo Due 800SS Minitwin 1000SS Monster 750

Mood: Inquisitive cat
done it countless times (at least 6 lol) racing at anglesey

got used to changing the wheels .. 10 mins to change both no problem (with my pit crew consisting of me, me and me)

always saw it as part of the fun.

and it beats wobbling round like a girl (no offence meant to girls who can believe it or not sometimes be able to ride bikes very fast)
Old 11-Jul-2012, 23:16
Mille
Bikes: DD 620, 998 Matrix, 500 Pantah, Honda 350 K4, Drixton 500 Honda, Triumph 1050.

Mood: Depends on how many crashes I have!!!!!
Quote:
Originally Posted by badgerpilot
Think youre thinking of Tic Tacs Phil, dementia is a pain at times!

The tactics of DD are simple, if it's wet:- do you race or not, if you race then how hard do you push? If you don't then do you have a brew or a beer?

These were the rules when we all signed up so why do we have this conversation every year?

I know let's have wets, hang on, why not have a wet bike and a dry bike. That would save the wheel swapping issue!

Another brain wave has just hit me, let's use 1098s with traction control instead? That would make cornering in the wet safer wouldn't it?

While we're at it lets make it compulsary to have a 90ft Winnebago so we don't have cosy sleep problems either?

This only leaves 1 snag, how do justify calling it budget racing?

DD is probably the quirkiest series out there because of its rules and the great people who take part in it, I've had 3yrs of brilliant fun and wouldn't want it to change at all.

Been on holiday for the last few weeks,missed all the banter, and wont be at Cadwell due to other reasons>

But I agree with this after experiance, I live in Scotland FFS!!!!

Racing in Scotland means needing to ride in the rain, but the stress of deciding if wet enough, getting wheels changed, sitting on the grid and thinking did I tighten that bolt/nut!!!!! It stopped race weekends being enjoyable for me. You change to wets, you then need to think about suspension set up, and you need to know how quick to push it on wetss

I travel to DD meetings because it is enjoyable, there are great people, regulations are controlled and monitored, and racing is fun because it is a simple as it gets.

And yes I do enjoy riding on wets.

SGD
Old 11-Jul-2012, 23:21
DSC Club Member
Big Twin
Bikes: Ducati 749, Phil Read Replica, DD 620

Mood: 2011 DD Class 'B' Champion
See you at Donnington then Steve.