Ducati Sporting Club UK

Old 03-Jun-2003, 11:06
Mille

Mood: Fully track-day'ed up!
Andy,
Did a few hundred miles over the weekend but not near Ipswich.And i can tell you my bike is definately red ALL the way through ! - no offence taken at the suggestion of yellow though (you dont know hard that was for me to type !).
When Carl fitted my gold chain and new sprockets not long ago i asked if i could have new sprocket nuts fitted while the wheel was off as i had replaced almost every other nut and bolt on the bike with stainless.When i picked it up he had put the Titanium ones on like i think you are after.Dont know price but put it this way,he fitted Termi's for me,fitted chain and sprockets,first MOT,couple of other bits and then the 5 ? Titanium nuts.The total was £80 so i cant imagine the nuts are to expensive on their own ? They do look really nice though IMO,pretty trick i'd say.
Your at Carls on the 20th.....well im off on Fridays from around midday,what time are you thinking of going ? Dont re-arrange around me though as work and the weather could easily catch up with me.But sure,if the weather's good then i fancy i ride over,yes.
Think my pipes are OK at the moment thanks.How hard are they to do ? I presume you need to take the end caps off,re-fill and then rivet the caps back on agin yes ? Perhaps i should have some for later ron !

Glad your bikes all OK and all sorted.

Email about the 20th or call me on 07919598080.

Regards Syer.
Old 03-Jun-2003, 11:39
Mille

Syer,

yes, drill out rivets, slide out pipe, take out old, wrap around new and secure it around the pipe and re-insert and re-rivet.

I'm sure that Termi themselves must throw some sort of technology at it from a dB point of view, but basically, that's it.

Did you get stainless or Titanium? I didn't know you could get stainless.

Carl was talking about fetching it up in his van, but I'd sooner take the day off and watch the meister at work and talk ******** all day to be honest. Will let you know what I'll do - obviously dependent upon weather.

Cheers,

Andy

Old 03-Jun-2003, 11:51
Mille

Mood: Fully track-day'ed up!
Andy,
Another weather dependant Duke rider,like it - i refuse to go out in the wet.Got wet on Sunday afternnoon (knowing what im like my missus was pi55ing herself i was so distraught) so i spent 8 hours cleaning till 2.00am on Monday morning,sad i know but thats the way i like it,pristine !

My Termi's are carbon.What i said was the bolts on my bike were all changed for stainless apart from the Titanium ones on the sprocket,sorry,did i confuse you.I thought the post made sense.No,no stainless Termi's here.

Keep in touch for the 20th.As regard for talking "bollards" all day....Im your man.

Regards Syer.
Old 03-Jun-2003, 12:24
Mille

Syer,

spoke to Carl, and it's probably better for him to pick it up as he doesn't know if there will be valve probs. I'm about to put a thread up asking if anyone knows of a stainless components outlet - do you know of one?
I'll be on for a ride out one weekend or Friday pm if you fancy it. Get your bike down to Copdock bike show in October as well - it's a good day out.
Can't do this Friday - tattoo removeal booking! How's that for getting old.

Speak to you

Andy