Ducati Sporting Club UK

Old 12-Jan-2012, 15:38
Mille

Totally agree. First thing I did when I bought the bike was to get Gareth at Reactive to revalve the forks and provide a penske for the rear.
Just had them serviced since they've done nearly 10k. I did ask him if it was worth going to the 25mm cartridge and was told that i'd be better off spending the money on changing the tyres more often.

I like it when people talk me out of spending money. I talked to a bloke at bike torque who talked me out of spending on new triple clamps.
Old 13-Jan-2012, 09:49
Ducati Corse

Mood: Bloo and Yellow.. and Red now ;)
FWIW, the single best thing I did to my 1098 was fit the endurance tank. Not cheap, but by simply giving me a range of 100 miles or so transformed my rideouts. No more watching the mileage and then trying to find a fuel station.
It was cheaper than the full system I fitted though
Old 13-Jan-2012, 11:32
MotoGP God

Mood: Its ONLY a Bike Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by pbrown
I talked to a bloke at bike torque who talked me out of spending on new triple clamps.

Good thing about Neal is he knows what he's talking about, was a very fast SoT racer a few years ago and is still pretty quick these days
Although when ever I talk to him he's trying to get me to spend my money with him

Checkout the Desmo Due Paddock on Facebook
Old 16-Jan-2012, 00:52
Mille

Quote:
Originally Posted by skidlids
Good thing about Neal is he knows what he's talking about, was a very fast SoT racer a few years ago and is still pretty quick these days
Although when ever I talk to him he's trying to get me to spend my money with him
He doesn't sell triple clamps which is the only reason he wasn't in salesman mode. He does speak a lot of sense.