Ducati Sporting Club UK

Old 25-May-2009, 16:22
Big Twin

Mood: Channel Swim is now a (bad) memory not a dream
Cadwell Countdown

I make it only 20 days until we meet up on Sunday night in anticipation of the best ever couple of days on track at the DSC trackday on 15 and 16 June.

Speaking to Monty, I know we still have places left, so don't delay, get yourself booked on.

If you have been before, you will know how relaxed and fun it is meeting old and new friends and playing with DUK's bikes. Perfect for the novice/first timer - this is the best chance you will get to try a trackday as the manners on track are superb.

We also have the AGM for members whether you are attending the trackday or not, so be good to see as many people there as possible, so we at least have enough people to debate the issues raised.

I have said on other sites, regardless of the past, everyone wants to see the DSC day being a success, including many ex members I have spoken with, so if you have not signed up, find the other post and get your form off today. I would personally like to see us set aside all political arguements for a couple of days and have some fun with good friends and let's continue to build the club back to where it could and should be.

I'll be there on a No Limits trackday on the Sunday, so if you arrive early, you may have to wait for the best spots whilst people pack up. If you have nothing better to do, come and give me some encouraging hand gestures from the canteen!

So tell your mates and ex/lapsed members and get as many along as possible.

Hopefully see you there.

REMEMBER YOU MUST BRING YOUR LICENCE

WeeJohnyB
Old 25-May-2009, 18:10
DSC Club Member
Big Twin

Mood: Im Going to Italy soon!
Well just to show that I am attempting to be ready for the event my weapon of choice for this years trackday ran for the 1st time in something like 15 years toady!

Having had to use a degree disk to get the cam timing correct and then the same for the ignition timing, not one of the marks on the crankcases was actually in the right place.

I had problems with blocked jets and not enough petrol and now it is running more than a little rich, but at least it starts and ticks over so I can work from there to sort it out. I suspect float height is way to high and hence too rich.

Mionty and I are travelling up on the Sunday afternoon, ready for a nice early start on the monday, but only after a full english to set us up for the day.

There will be changes to signing on this year:

1) Priority will be given to those who have booked their place in advance.

2) Those who arrive on the day and wish to ride, will be handled in a different queue at the back of the room, so as to not impede those who have booked in advance.

3) We should have finalised the facilities to take debit and credit cards on the day, at the track, this week.

Chris
Old 25-May-2009, 19:40
Big Twin

nice one, but please ensure it doesn't drop any oil on the track!!!

Are non-members allowed to turn up on the day? How much do they pay? Does this include a 'day membership' or full year membership?

I strongly suspect there are people around who want to come but have no interest in joining or rejoining the DSC but would like to partcipate with their member friends. It would be good if they could contribute to making it a successful day, both as a bunch of friends, but also to help ensure it works financially for the club. Does this apply to both Duc only day on Monday and any bike on Tuesday?

Sign on from 7.30 untli 8.30, make sure you get there early to get in the queue and a word of advice, get your bike and kit ready as time flies by and after queuing to sign on, then the briefing straight after, there is no time for the fast group to do anything apart from last minute stuff, in fact I suggest fast group come to the briefing in their leathers as they are straight out after the briefing. Inters will have circa 20 mins max, but novice will have a second comp briefing after the main one, so will also only have around 20 mins after the briefing to get ready. Of course you don't have to do the first session, but I strongly suggest novice group who have not been on the track before join the first session with the instructors to see where the heck the circuit goes at a relaxed pace.

WeeJohnyB

Briefing at 8.30 sharp compulsary for all riders and on BOTH days.
Old 25-May-2009, 21:08
Big Twin

Mood: Hmmm Conference season
Cant wait, Only one problem for me this year, Booked ont both days and no longer own a ducati....... Picked up a beaut of a 58 plate ZX6R for the second day tho..
Lets just hope DUK brind some bikes for me to ride otherwise day one could be a bit of a waste.
Old 26-May-2009, 01:12
Mille

Booked on the NL Sunday trackday as I've got a new job & couldn't afford to take the time off. Shame the DSC trackdays weren't over the weekend as days off during the week cost serious money.
Hope you all have a great 2 days on track.

Hope to see you on the Sunday WeejohnyB, i'll be the one on the scruffy 1098 wobbling round slowly.

Paul
Old 26-May-2009, 09:37
Big Twin

I don't think scruffy 1098's are allowed on the DSC day in any case.

Say hello on Sunday

WeeJohnyB
Old 26-May-2009, 15:07
Ducati Corse

Mood: R U thinking what I'm thinking?......Oh dear!
Quote:
Originally Posted by pbrown
Booked on the NL Sunday trackday as I've got a new job & couldn't afford to take the time off. Shame the DSC trackdays weren't over the weekend as days off during the week cost serious money.
Hope you all have a great 2 days on track.

Paul

The track costs more to hire at weekends as far as I know, weekdays with NL are normally £99, the sunday is £129, taking a day with no pay means I'm still a tenner ahead by doing a weekday

Ray
Old 26-May-2009, 10:36
Ducati Corse

Mood: R U thinking what I'm thinking?......Oh dear!
Quote:
Originally Posted by WeeJohnyB
Are non-members allowed to turn up on the day? How much do they pay? Does this include a 'day membership' or full year membership?

I strongly suspect there are people around who want to come but have no interest in joining or rejoining the DSC but would like to partcipate with their member friends. It would be good if they could contribute to making it a successful day, both as a bunch of friends, but also to help ensure it works financially for the club. Does this apply to both Duc only day on Monday and any bike on Tuesday?

The info. on the booking form,

PLEASE NOTE:

1/ This track day is open to DSC members only riding Ducati’s on day 1 and/or any make of motorcycle on day 2. Non members will be required to join the Club at a discounted rate.

If you can join on the day by filling in the appropriate forms and have no interest in the DSC then just burn/shred or eat yer membeship card and any other DSC stuff you get.

Ray
Old 26-May-2009, 15:09
Ducati Meccanica
Bikes: Ducati 1098R Bayliss Rep

Mood: Find people who share your values, and you'll conquer the world together.
So is there a black list of ex membership holders who regardless of paying up on the day would still be refused ? i think this needs clarifying.
Old 26-May-2009, 15:15
DSC Club Member
Ducati Meccanica

Mood: Wet wet wet
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bionicle
So is there a LONG list of ex membership holders who regardless of paying up on the day would still be refused ?

I think Ray's idea of burning/shredding/eating DSC stuff may be old hat though.....

Paul

15th year in DD #68 and getting slower by the year

1199, SS800 & 620SSie DD racer