Ducati Sporting Club UK
Idle Chat
Still needs to be clean and of value to the club.

Old 06-Oct-2009, 01:04
BSB Star

Mood: living my life to the full
The Good Old Days...

I pop in and out on here and sadly I look back on the Good Old Days to when all the banter and joviality used to make me and many others, laugh and smile. I can remember coming on here after my mum passed away and everyone on here kept me laughing and smiling. What has happened to the fun aspect of all the people on here. This used to be a family orientated site. Wives/husbands/Partners/Lovers (who were not even riding) could join in and be part of the Ducati Scene. Nowadays I see very little of the fun and family part of this site/club.

Where is the DSC heading to???

Flo x
Old 06-Oct-2009, 08:28
DSC Club Rep
Ducati Corse
Bikes: Monster 1100 EVO

Mood: I'm A Grandad again :-)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Florence
I pop in and out on here and sadly I look back on the Good Old Days to when all the banter and joviality used to make me and many others, laugh and smile. I can remember coming on here after my mum passed away and everyone on here kept me laughing and smiling. What has happened to the fun aspect of all the people on here. This used to be a family orientated site. Wives/husbands/Partners/Lovers (who were not even riding) could join in and be part of the Ducati Scene. Nowadays I see very little of the fun and family part of this site/club.

Flo x

Hopefully, just bouncing along the bottom, just like the state of the UK economy
With a bit of new leadership at the helm it may just take off again

Chris
Old 06-Oct-2009, 10:53
888 at Last !!!

Mood: Glad to be here
If you want banter then you have to pay up and become a full member. All the pi55 taking and fun stuff is in the members section. The rest of us low lifes have to make do with discussion about Ducatis and the occasional bit of information. This is still the place I come to if I have a technical question.
Old 06-Oct-2009, 10:56
WSB Hero

Mood: Lurkin'.....
Quote:
Yep,I dont visit that much either these days.When I click onto 'today's posts' its full of DD stuff that I can't get too excited about.
Most folk around here think that Ducati stopped making bikes in 2002 so there is'nt much happening on the tech help/problem pages.
For various reasons my local 'branch' the BHCN has virtually died,so nothing for me in the rideout section either.Not that I could ride very far at the moment.This nasty disease and treatment I have makes me very tired,so I have to pick and choose my moments.
I'll keep looking around the board for the time being,but I am rapidly loosing interest.
Old 06-Oct-2009, 14:44
Ducati Corse

Mood: R U thinking what I'm thinking?......Oh dear!
Quote:
Originally Posted by KeefyB
Most folk around here think that Ducati stopped making bikes in 2002.

I'm pretty sure they did

Although I did ride a Ducati once that was supposed to have been built in 2007, wasn't too sure though as it was only a journo that told me it was a new Ducati, could have been an R1 though

I've heard you can't even be sure it's a Ducati these days by counting up the cylinders. I've read on the interned that Ducati recently made a big batch of four cylinder bikes, that cost over £40,000 a go Where did that story come from?
Maybe it's true or maybe it's a rumour put about by Kev's carbon who do a bodykit to gyp up shonky old Ducatis that you can't get the panels for anymore.

Got to go... the red V yellow debate is kicking off in the members section again.

Ray.
Old 06-Oct-2009, 17:20
WSB Hero
Bikes: 1993 - 944SS & Aprilia Falco

Quote:

Flo x

Hi Flo,

Nice to see you again flower.....

As someone with a broken and badly neglected Ducati in my garage I'm not sure I'm qualified to reply, but that wont stop me putting my 2p in anyways

Times have moved on and there are so many really good Ducati sites out in 'net land now that I tend to look upon our little place as a members utility, more about things strictly happening in and around the club rather than banter about life & the universe.

Its a double edged blade for me:

I miss the old banter myself but I dont miss the cr@p and hours of moderation & calming over heated users down that went with it.

There is still plenty of DSC spirit about as far as banter goes I agree you might need to look further afield here, I've just split my sides laughing out loud for the 1st time here in ages reading some of the Cadwell park DD reports but I know they aint for everyone.

IF we can provide quality events, rides and info for the majority of riders then maybe we might see a better future than of late, winter of course, brings less events but sometime an increase in board activity as we look forward to 2010.

Nearly time to change your sig. block then Flo!!!

Kind Regards to all - Frank x

(Sorry the snog is just for Flo )
Old 08-Oct-2009, 22:03
BSB Star

Mood: living my life to the full
Quote:
Originally Posted by Iconic944ss
Hi Flo,

Nice to see you again flower.....

As someone with a broken and badly neglected Ducati in my garage I'm not sure I'm qualified to reply, but that wont stop me putting my 2p in anyways

Times have moved on and there are so many really good Ducati sites out in 'net land now that I tend to look upon our little place as a members utility, more about things strictly happening in and around the club rather than banter about life & the universe.

Its a double edged blade for me:

I miss the old banter myself but I dont miss the cr@p and hours of moderation & calming over heated users down that went with it.

There is still plenty of DSC spirit about as far as banter goes I agree you might need to look further afield here, I've just split my sides laughing out loud for the 1st time here in ages reading some of the Cadwell park DD reports but I know they aint for everyone.

IF we can provide quality events, rides and info for the majority of riders then maybe we might see a better future than of late, winter of course, brings less events but sometime an increase in board activity as we look forward to 2010.

Nearly time to change your sig. block then Flo!!!

Kind Regards to all - Frank x

(Sorry the snog is just for Flo )

Hi Frank
Long time no hear/read etc.. Sorry about your duke. I am now a proud owner of one again. I've got my monster 900 back. I bought it new back in 2000 then a couple of years later, sold it to James T who was our lodger. James has recently gone to start a new life down in Devon and he didn't have anywhere to store it so I bought it back off him

True there are lots more sites to choose from nowadays and some tend to be a little more silly banter friendly (That's not a dig just a fact) and encouraging of the wives/partners etc.... so anyone can join in the topics.

As for my signature yep!! 2009 is nearly over

Thanks for the snog

take care
Flo x

Postbit Selector
Switch to Vertical postbit Use Vertical Postbit