Ducati Sporting Club UK

Old 08-Sep-2005, 21:17
Montjuic

cyclecat bar risers

After much thought and consideration I've taken the plunge and ordered a set of cyclecat bars. Hopefully they'll arrive the beginning of next week. Before I attempt to fit them and obviously not knowing what the insructions if any are like does anyone have any tips/techniques learnt the hard way from fitting a set themselves?

Just thought it was worth asking before I do something stupid!
Old 08-Sep-2005, 23:30
MotoGP God
Bikes: 848, M620 DD bike

Mood: waiting...
turn the throttle round 180 deg...no matter what you do they wont fit otherwise!! Instructions are pretty good and you can go on their web site and have a look there before your bits arrive...
Old 09-Sep-2005, 14:00
500SD

You will need a rubber mallet to get the yolk off.

With luck you will not need to bleed the brakes after fitting the reservoir pipes.

If you have any questions email Alfred at Cyclecat very helpful

You will not regret your purchase
Old 09-Sep-2005, 21:35
Montjuic

Thanks chaps. Not sure I understand the bit about the throttle though Bradders, well ok no I don't. I presume you mean the twist grip and relocate the cable somehow? Having not had chance to dismantle the various bits yet I am flying blind a bit. I hope all will become clear when I come to fit it?

In terms of getting the top yoke off M1key is it just a case of undoing the clamp bolts on the forks and steering head after removing the steering damper or are there more things to remove. If I'm whacking it with a rubber mallet I suppose the headlight fairing will have to be removed?
Old 10-Sep-2005, 01:03
MotoGP God
Bikes: 848, M620 DD bike

Mood: waiting...
yep - the cable will come out under rather than over your hand and the fast idle may need some adjustment (mine did) do a search on cycle cat coz someone posted pics which helped me a lot....and the rubber mallet thing, top call...give it a bash!!
Old 10-Sep-2005, 15:29
500SD

Hi

It is not essential that you remove the headlight fairing but it will make life easier.

The instructions are really good but all you do is remove the steering damper and undo the yolk clamp allen bolts, quick tap with the rubber mallet and it should lift off.

Remove standard bars and away you go, you will see what bradders means about the throttle when you start putting it all back together

If you are anywhere near me drop me a line and pop round before you start.

The bars allied with a pair rearsets transformed the 748 for me, simply the best mod I have made and if you haven't seen a pair "in the flesh" the quality is amazing

[Edited on 10-9-2005 by m1keyp]
Old 12-Sep-2005, 11:56
Montjuic

Had a quick look at the throttle etc. last night and I now know where youre coming from - never actually noticed that the switch gear etc is separate from the throttle assembly before. Presumably the fast idle switch will be upside down and close to my thumb after fitting it.
Old 14-Sep-2005, 11:06
Montjuic

Bars came this morning and look good. Probably fit them at the weekend. Its not clear whether or not I will need to use longer lengths of reservoir hose to relocate the brake and clutch. None were supplied with the kit so I'm assuming I don't - or is it just missing?
Old 14-Sep-2005, 11:18
500SD

Glad you like the bars, you will like the extra length (don't we all)

You will almost certainly need to used the reservoir hose, it looks really trick with the reservoirs re-located

Fit them tonight, you know it will be sunny on saturday

[Edited on 14-9-2005 by m1keyp]
Old 15-Sep-2005, 00:25
Montjuic

problem is there is no extra hose - the guy at spareshack says it doesn't come with it????