Mood: Found a CR250. Let the bone braking begin
looks like common sense to me.
paid up members should be free to advertise. IMO
especially when it gives preferential treatment to other paid up members
Old 16-Jul-2005, 12:28
Big Twin

Quote:
Originally posted by Jon
Would it be wrong for me to say that 100% have just mailed me with thier off of 4 days in Jerez, hotel and transport £599.00
Or should I pull it.

where did this thread go
Old 01-Nov-2005, 11:51
WSB Hero
Bikes: 1993 - 944SS & Aprilia Falco

Hmmmmm....has there been a resolution to this topic ???

The thought that I had was to have a thread with a mailing list, first two that spring to mind would be TD's and Parts....

So if I had/found a special offer of a TD - I could simply mail everyone who wished to recieve it via the mailing list.

I guess an instant shortfall would be: should only members be allowed on the mailing list (so that if it was a business advertiser - at least they would of joined the club).

Ohh no I shouldnt be trying to think about things like this without a cup of coffee inside me

Cheers - Frank
Old 01-Nov-2005, 12:56
BSB Star

There is!

Eamonn will shortly i believe making this more public, and links on the homepage etc will be added. There is now on this site a page called, 'Trade Adverts'. Nelly has already got a page on there. This page can be found here. Please take a look. Any feedback please email the Webteam. As time passes, more development of this page will be made.

For costings, and how to add a page again, please contact the webteam on the above e mail.
Old 01-Nov-2005, 13:28
Mille

Mood: Meditating
Flanks I think you are missing the point slightly...trade adverts have been on site for a while but unless I misunderstood why I started the posting??? ...... its about advertising late places and special offers to members of this club at reduced rates that are not available to Joe Public.

Don’t get me wrong the Trade Adverts Section has it place … for example ..if I want to but a new tire.....I go to the trade section and select one of those reputable companies offering discounts to DSC members (eg Wraysbury).

However, if Steve at Wraysbury has the chance to but 200 Supercorser Pro's at a knockdown price and wants to offer them to Board members at £25 pair because they have an expiry date next month !! ...... then the trade Section is useless for passing on that information to the members…hence the members loose out.
Old 01-Nov-2005, 13:33
Mille

Mood: Meditating
Before you phone him … AFAIK Steve is not selling Supercorser pro’s at £25 pair it was purely a Hypothetical situation
Old 01-Nov-2005, 13:43
BSB Star

Whele, I'm not missing any point!

The decision about advertising on the board was made by the membership, at the last AGM. Not by me or the Management Team. This includes what your talking about.

You will be able to use the trade pages, which have not been on the site very long, infact last week. These pages are a type of classified pages, which can be updated as often as you like. You click on the commerical adverts link on this page.

You will be able there to add any last minute deals, offers etc. This can be done daily or even hourly if you wish.

As I said before, there will be an announcement further, and links will be placed on the site, so everybody can access these adverts, DSC members or not.
Old 01-Nov-2005, 14:19
WSB Hero
Bikes: 1993 - 944SS & Aprilia Falco

So.....will there be a thread alerting members that the trade pages have been modified or does this rely on the members checking regularly themselves ?????????

Sorry to be a pain
Old 01-Nov-2005, 14:28
BSB Star

At the moment, it will be upto members to check for themselves.

Frank, no problem with questions. Beats working!
Old 02-Nov-2005, 12:41
Ducati Corse

Mood: R U thinking what I'm thinking?......Oh dear!
This topic is a hot potatoe.

Different clubs deal with it in different ways.

My understanding at the last AGM was that some members with their trade hats on were getting hacked off with what they saw as abuse of the no trade ads stance.

These same trade peeps took a view that they put a lot into the DSC that can be measured not just in time and advice but cold hard cash, but they stuck not only to the letter of the no trade policy but to its spirit as well.

IMHO there are a wide range of options to address this issue, various proposals/options need to be written up BEFORE the next AGM for a vote on them.

Ray