Ducati Sporting Club UK

Old 11-Feb-2006, 10:21

Mood: Optimistic
Original exhaust can mods

Has anyone managed to extract the cats from the original end can? I know that you used to be able to bash a long screwdriver into the ones on cars and get all the honeycomb pieces to fall out. I'm beginning to sound mad here aren't I. It's just an idea that's going through my mind today!
Old 11-Feb-2006, 10:48
Big Twin

Mood: Can't make me mind up
Quote:
Originally posted by audicdl
Has anyone managed to extract the cats from the original end can? I know that you used to be able to bash a long screwdriver into the ones on cars and get all the honeycomb pieces to fall out. I'm beginning to sound mad here aren't I. It's just an idea that's going through my mind today!

What ? Was this your hobby? Did you go around car parks doing this? You'll fit in well here my friend
Old 11-Feb-2006, 14:57
Montjuic

I butchered the exhaust on my KTM Duke and took out about 2 kgs of baffle plates.
It ran brilliantly afterwards and the fueling was spot on. If youve got a standard can spare I'll strip it for you (Im havent done my own in case it botches the fuelling!)
Old 11-Feb-2006, 15:18
WSB Hero

Mood: www.cantbearsed.co.uk
There were a few companies that offered this "coring" service. But if you can get there with a hammer - go for it!!!!

Tim
Old 11-Feb-2006, 15:48
Mille

Mood: Need spares
Quote:
Originally posted by audicdl

Youll need to attack the one in the pipe also. Not sure what the process is for that. Maybe its a cut and re-join job. The cat is right in the bend near the pegs.
Old 11-Feb-2006, 18:26

Mood: Optimistic
I've gone off that idea now cos I've had the chance to have a look at it. I ran about two laps at Cadwell last year on one cylinder. It would appear that all that unburnt fuel did the job for me, you can see the remains of the cat inside one of the inlet holes. I was hoping removing it would make it a bit louder but it obviously didn't. It looks like you would have to grind the casing apart to get inside and remove some baffling. More than I can be bothered with. Right what mad idea can I come up with next? I'll go and drink some inspirational fizzy water to help!!!