Ducati Sporting Club UK
DesmoDue - General Questions and Chat
Discussions on the race series devised and supported by the DSC.

Old 13-Mar-2009, 21:50

Mood: Livid
A few years ago, in the car world, everyone thought Kumho tyres were junk. Then they sponsored a BMW series with the V70a and now its established as one of the best list 1b motorsport tyres out there and a regular fitment on a lot of mega high performance cars.

It'd be really dumb of a tyre manufacturer to promote a tyre in motorsport if it was junk.
Old 13-Mar-2009, 22:21
Mille

Quote:
Originally Posted by mjbayley
Taken directly from Pirelli Web Site today 13th March 2009 for Ducati 600 SS

DIABLO
Front
120/60 ZR 17 M/C (55W) TL DIABLO Front - 2.2 BAR

DIABLO
Rear
160/60 ZR 17 M/C (69W) TL DIABLO - 2.5 BAR

Now as I have worked in automotive engineering for over 25 years.
I know that:
H rating on tyres is for max speed (sustained) of 125mph
ZR rating on tyres is for max speed of (sustained) of 181mph

I also know from calculation and where the rev limiter cut in that at Assen, Senetterton, and Donington, AntonyE was puling over 132 mph !

So I ask, why do DD go with H rating not ZR as stated and recommended on the Pirelli web site????

I know it's (prolly) the 'sustained' thing, but I think I know what I would rather be using (the old '1.5' times safety factor), and where does the club stand 'IF' there was ever litigation due to tyre failure ?????????????????

Mark

Don't even go there Mark,

I asked a ligitimate question about "COMPULSORY" Dyno testing and the risk to the club of an engine failure on the Dyno'....and no-one took that seriously either....

....the ACU didn't take " medical support for practice days" seriously until Barry Sheene sued and entry fees sky rocketed for every rider as a result of the claim and the subsequent increase in race insurance.

I would be interested to know just how many DD'ers actually ride at those recommended "ROAD" pressures.
Old 13-Mar-2009, 22:42
MotoGP God
Bikes: 848, M620 DD bike

Mood: waiting...
where theres a claim, there's blame.......

purposely written the worng way round
Old 13-Mar-2009, 22:49
Big Twin

Mood: Hmmm Conference season
Quote:
Originally Posted by bradders
where theres a claim, there's blame.......

purposely written the worng way round

So you bought a DD bike yet????
Old 13-Mar-2009, 22:56
Founder Member
Ducati Meccanica

Thumbs up

Quote:
Originally Posted by Imola Duke
The prize comment has confused me ?
A member of the forum donated some very nice cups for a few awards...
If you care to look you will see all the riders are DSC members!!!

I personally have increased the club funds by convincing freinds on the other
channel to race in DD and I will carry on to do this..........

BTW is it ok to have Ducatisti stickers on my DD bike

I hope you didn't take this comment as "anti Ducatisti" I thought I'd made it quite clear that it wasn't. Apparently somebody was looking to provide brake discs as DD prizes but for some reason (which I am not aware of) stated that these would only be available to Ducatisti forum users riding in our series. It just seemed a bit odd?

There is no issue with people who wish to offer prizes or trophies providing that they observe the basic courtesy of ensuring that the RC of the series are aware of this so that details can be included in the information circulated to all entrants.

I am fully aware that all the riders are DSC members.

I can't see why you can't run your bike with Ducatisti stickers on it as long as the series stickers are also present.

Neither I or anybody else on the MT of the club have anything whatsoever against the Ducatisti organisation at the risk of sounding repetitive.

http://www.multirole-eng.com

http://www.audicator.com Check out our simple to fit, potentially life saving turn signal alert system.
Old 13-Mar-2009, 22:58
500SD

Anyone got any decent part worns going cheap ?
Old 13-Mar-2009, 23:02
500SD

Quote:
Originally Posted by Paul James
I hope you didn't take this comment as "anti Ducatisti" I thought I'd made it quite clear that it wasn't. Apparently somebody was looking to provide brake discs as DD prizes but for some reason (which I am not aware of) stated that these would only be available to Ducatisti forum users riding in our series. It just seemed a bit odd?

There is no issue with people who wish to offer prizes or trophies providing that they observe the basic courtesy of ensuring that the RC of the series are aware of this so that details can be included in the information circulated to all entrants.

I can't see why you can't run your bike with Ducatisti stickers on it as long as the series stickers are also present.

Neither I or anybody else on the MT of the club have anything whatsoever against the Ducatisti organisation at the risk of sounding repetitive.

I'll let the Member who will be donating the disc's comment on that

and less of the eye rolling
Old 13-Mar-2009, 23:08
Founder Member
Ducati Meccanica

Quote:
Originally Posted by Imola Duke
I'll let the Member who will be donating the disc's comment on that

and less of the eye rolling

Nothing wrong with a bit of eye rolling

I'll look forward to the comments

http://www.multirole-eng.com

http://www.audicator.com Check out our simple to fit, potentially life saving turn signal alert system.
Old 13-Mar-2009, 23:09
Mille

Paul, before you quote inaccurately, perhaps you'd be better off asking that member directly what he ACTUALLY said...which was that the prize would be offered to ANYONE in DD, but it would be a discretionary prize aimed solely at real beginners in the sport...and since the majority of those these days seem to come via Ducatisti, it is likely that it would be a Ducatisti member that would gain that prize. But as you are well aware, all DD riders are DSC members, so no discrimination is being applied..whoever wins it will be a DSC member.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Paul James

Old 13-Mar-2009, 23:14
500SD

Last year we did ask via email if it would be ok to give a few cups to riders on the other channel and we got the nod only if we kept it away from the paddock which we did
I still didn't win one
I did win a packet of choc hobnobs for rider of the round at mallory though